• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford ranger rear end

Shouldn't be too hard to find one that was swapped out for an explorer axle. They came with an 8.8 and disk brakes, since yours is a 4cyl all you need is the 7.5.

I've got an '03 B2300 that came with 4.10 gears, shouldn't be too hard to find one with the lower gearing to help the 4 banger be more drivable. Can find them pretty cheap too.

Where's the pull a part?
Cagle's U Pull It is a good place, lot's of people go there.

Don't bother going to Brooks Auto Salvage, they are a ripoff, last time I went there I got quoted $150 for a factory Ford bottle jack & a 90's tape player. This was before inflation prices, sometime in 2017. I tried to explain the jack would be cheaper to buy new from Walmart & the cassette player was cheaper through ebay, was told they aren't their competitors.

Judging by the amount of people walking both of these yards, it's obvious people prefer Cagle's. Brooks prices are more in line with auto shops that have insurance money buying the parts.

If you're lucky to find a Ranger that's 2009-2011 with it' rear axle, they came from the factory with rear disk brakes.

I did see a '97 Explorer at Cagle's last weekend. Can't recall if it still had the axle though.

Figuring the ratio. Is easy

Mark the wheel and mark the driveshaft

Jack up BOTH rear wheels and spin the driveshaft and count the turns it takes to make one fill revolution of the wheel

Back
Top Bottom