• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Ready to Ship Thousands of F-Series Pickups Out

A big downside to storing vehicles on the lot is that they aren't capable of selling due to possible hail damage. Some fluke storm comes in and the dealership is stuck with the process of getting them fixed.

If Ford will pay the floor plan costs, sounds like a win-win. But it’s gonna be hard to keep that “best selling pickup” crown if you can’t get them off the lot.
Plus, the 2022 models should be out soon.
Might be some real deals on F150s next couple of months.

GM shut down truck production due to the chip shortage, so that will help Ford out.

Just pay more for custom/stippled/like new/barely used/before it goes back in safe but get bill-oh-sell as it protects you

How much longer before the end of the chip shortage:

It will be a whole lot longer than 6 months. Half of the neon gas, used by the etching lasers in the chip production, comes from Russia via Ukraine. Russia makes neon, 3 factories in Ukraine purify it (a by-product of the USSR-era integrated supply lines), 1 in Mariupol (heard that name in the news?), 2 in Odessa. Less gas, less chips, once current back up supplies of neon run out. You can build 100 new foundries in US and EU, but if you cannot run lasers, you are not making anything.
PS Neon production is a by-product of steel production. US exported its steel industry to China, we do not have ability to distill gases in such large quantities anymore.

Went to a dealership over the weekend. They had only 6 vehicles in stock there and they said it was a lot. None of which were the model we were interested in.

Pretty crazy, hoping the recession dumps prices, but I expect the shortages will keep them high.

Went to a dealership over the weekend. They had only 6 vehicles in stock there and they said it was a lot. None of which were the model we were interested in.

Pretty crazy, hoping the recession dumps prices, but I expect the shortages will keep them high.
I took in my Veracruz last week for recall work to be done. Already got 2 calls about trading or selling it. Every new vehicle on the lot had a $10K "market adjustment" on it.

Back
Top Bottom