• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford triton v8 skipping a cylinder. Info needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First guess would b plugs at 90 k 2nd guess would b coils bring it's pre 2007 it could have a summed up injection from ethanol. Ford recommends motorcraft plugs now champion plugs are for lawn equipment

My 99 F150 did that at right over 1K. Cant remember if the coils were swapped but definitely the plugs and wires. Now I'm over 2K so far so good. I got someone to do the job. One of the plugs seemed impossible to reach

with 90k its time for plugs and boots. Once you replace the plugs youll loose a coil or two also. Scan to find which coil. I have a friend at ford if you need anything

Sea foam the snot out, Let it sit for an hour or so halfway through the treatment this will break up carbon deposits on the end of the plug and prevent them from breaking on there way out.

It had a tune up about 30k ago, but it sounds like it's due for another.
Thanks for all of the good info, I have a direction now!
I worked most of last year at the City of Warner Robins Public Works Vehicle Maint Shop. The Ford trained guys that worked on the patrol cars and city F150s were constantly going to the parts room for coil packs. I'm not a mechanic by any means. But I know from that experience plus people calling me when I ran a salvage yard in Bonaire that these coil packs are only good for so long. The same thing happens with VW and Audi stuff from the late 90s up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom