• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford wheel nut lugs bad

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
Replacing my brake pads on the f150 and one wheel just refused to come off no matter what docket size I tried. figured it’s a factory lug nut Ford will replace them under warranty. Got to Ford dealer and they said it would be $130 for new lugs and all of them were crap( all but 3 can come off but all were pretty bad), finally got them to just replace a few bad ones free and went to buy new lugs all around at advanced auto parts.

Ford has been making these aluminum covers steel caped plugs and it’s a common complaint they they fail, i imagine many vehicles were towed just because of these lugs. The worst part is that Ford refuses to fix the issue or warranty them. The rust belt must despise this

I never expected to have to prematurely replace all my lugs before the alternator even gave a problem.

The last time I got tires for my car I had to go remove the lug nuts because the guys in the shop couldn't get them off because of this issue. I used a slightly smaller socket and hammered it on to each lug nut in order to remove them.

The last time I got tires for my car I had to go remove the lug nuts because the guys in the shop couldn't get them off because of this issue. I used a slightly smaller socket and hammered it on to each lug nut in order to remove them.
How’d you get the lug nut out of the socket after removing it, just hammer it down on a scrap piece of rod?

How’d you get the lug nut out of the socket after removing it, just hammer it down on a scrap piece of rod?
Thread it partway back onto the stud and use an extension for leverage to wiggle the socket free, probably not the greatest way to do it but it worked. I also replaced the lug nuts afterward.

Back
Top Bottom