• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fords custom gun refinishing A+++

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
If your looking for a good company to do a nice shiny bluing then Fords is where you want to go!

I have an Ingram m10 (Mac-10) that is pending . It is a rare police model. Oddly enough they blued them which is not something you typically see on a Mac-10.

To preserve the original parts I strip the whole gun down to the bare receiver and shoot it with cheap aftermarket parts . I chose Fords as their "master blue" looked like the closest match to the gun and I sent them an aftermarket upper .

I received the upper back and all I could say is "wow" . They did a fantastic job and the turn around time was fast ! If you have an old smith and Wesson or just any gun that would look great with a nice blued finish then look no further than Fords .

IMG_5148.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

Fords impressed me so much that once the machine gun is approved ... I'll be stripping it down and having the whole Mac in master blue. Give it the shine it deserves!

Original finish (it's blued but done very poorly which is to be expected from a firearm designed for combat in a phone booth) :

IMG_4157.JPG

Gonna have to give them a look. Are they located here in Georgia? That's cool they have an eye for the details. I've had a few refinished where some things were overlooked. Small stuff but enough to bring out my ocd, lol. Again very nice, sure it's gonna be awesome when it's complete.

Gonna have to give them a look. Are they located here in Georgia? That's cool they have an eye for the details. I've had a few refinished where some things were overlooked. Small stuff but enough to bring out my ocd, lol. Again very nice, sure it's gonna be awesome when it's complete.
They are in Florida . Good company though. If you have any questions just call them. They are always super helpful.

IVE BEEN USING THEM FOR 10 YEARS ! THEY DO A EXCELLANT JOB ! IVE SENT SOME AND WHEN GOT THEM BACK HAD TO CHECK SERIAL NUMBER AS I COULDNT BELIEVE IT WAS SAME GUN. THEY MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER THAN NEW. PH #352-654-0001 ADDRESS 6843 N CITRUS AVENUE UNIT CC CRYSTAL RIVER FLORIDA 34428. HORACE AND LANA BOOTH THEY BEEN IN BUSINESS ABOUT 35 YEARS NOW.

IVE BEEN USING THEM FOR 10 YEARS ! THEY DO A EXCELLANT JOB ! IVE SENT SOME AND WHEN GOT THEM BACK HAD TO CHECK SERIAL NUMBER AS I COULDNT BELIEVE IT WAS SAME GUN. THEY MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER THAN NEW. PH #352-654-0001 ADDRESS 6843 N CITRUS AVENUE UNIT CC CRYSTAL RIVER FLORIDA 34428. HORACE AND LANA BOOTH THEY BEEN IN BUSINESS ABOUT 35 YEARS NOW.
Thats them. I too was shocked when I opened the box and found that crazy shiny upper. I will continue to use them as their work is fantastic along with their customer service.

Back
Top Bottom