• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford's mandatory vaccination program

It is against federal law to demand access to medical records, or demand you too tell about your medical condition.
Read hippa laws. When those laws suits start rolling in it will a **** show.

While we agree on most things, this is patently false. Employers are under no such requirement much to my chagrin. They CAN request it, you CAN deny that request, and they can opt NOT to employ you.

That said, the EEOC has long held the stance that flu vaccinations can/should not be mandatory and all available remedies are applicable including masks, etc. with the onus on the employer to show undue harm. They can require them prior to employment under that same pretense however post employment becomes murky. It has become so convoluted with the ADA and government entities that I’m not sure this can be straightened out without lengthy and expensive court battles or a complete rewrite of code which isn’t likely to happen.

After thinking on this for a few days, I’m torn. I still feel employers have the right to require vax (any vax) for employees (esp if it’s a job that will expose the employees to virulent bugs; however, if they do this, the liability can and likely should rest on them if there are adverse medical issues that arise from said vax. Employees that get sick bc they did not get a vax affects the business ( we all see that right now). Both sides have valid arguments for their positions. There is no easy answer that both sides will agree on. The issue right now with the ineffective covid vax’s is there is no liability! Who can you litigate against if you have a long term medical issue or worse? The feds gave blanket immunity to big pharma if I recall, so one cannot file against them. There is just no easy answer on this topic. But Ford trucks are still the best....😬

After thinking on this for a few days, I’m torn. I still feel employers have the right to require vax (any vax) for employees (esp if it’s a job that will expose the employees to virulent bugs; however, if they do this, the liability can and likely should rest on them if there are adverse medical issues that arise from said vax. Employees that get sick bc they did not get a vax affects the business ( we all see that right now). Both sides have valid arguments for their positions. There is no easy answer that both sides will agree on. The issue right now with the ineffective covid vax’s is there is no liability! Who can you litigate against if you have a long term medical issue or worse? The feds gave blanket immunity to big pharma if I recall, so one cannot file against them. There is just no easy answer on this topic. But Ford trucks are still the best....😬

You had me all the way until your last sentence.

Back
Top Bottom