• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Air Marshals?

I gotta admit, I'm not 100% positive I could operate a Taser myself. We didn't have them when I worked the street. They're just another piece of gear invented so that folks that shouldn't be policing can do the job. If you can't go toe-to-toe, one-on-one, and get handcuffs on the majority of the folks you have to arrest, WITHOUT pepper spray or a Taser, you need to find another gig.

I gotta admit, I'm not 100% positive I could operate a Taser myself. We didn't have them when I worked the street. They're just another piece of gear invented so that folks that shouldn't be policing can do the job. If you can't go toe-to-toe, one-on-one, and get handcuffs on the majority of the folks you have to arrest, WITHOUT pepper spray or a Taser, you need to find another gig.

Your observation is SPOT ON--We have become so AFRAID of any kind of Confrontation--Not Politically Correct, dontcha' know?--That there is a WHOLE GENERATION of young people who have NO IDEA how to defend themselves using only their HANDS...

I'm convinced this is one of the main reasons for the apparent INCREASE in Police shootings of suspects and the apparent increase in the use of Tasers, Pepper Spray, etc. by Law Enforcement in the recent past--There's only so much they can teach a raw recruit in three months, six months or even a year...

We had pepper spray most of the time I was in uniform. Never used it on a human. Sprayed a few dogs with it. I also used to spray it on my bird feeder at home; kept the squirrels away but didn't bother the birds.

Your observation is SPOT ON--We have become so AFRAID of any kind of Confrontation--Not Politically Correct, dontcha' know?--That there is a WHOLE GENERATION of young people who have NO IDEA how to defend themselves using only their HANDS...

I'm convinced this is one of the main reasons for the apparent INCREASE in Police shootings of suspects and the apparent increase in the use of Tasers, Pepper Spray, etc. by Law Enforcement in the recent past--There's only so much they can teach a raw recruit in three months, six months or even a year...

I hear El Al has someone on the flight deck with an SMG.

I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Been a loooong time since those boys have had trouble on a flight. (And we know practically every crazy SOB on the planet is out to get Israel.)

I hear El Al has someone on the flight deck with an SMG.

I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Been a loooong time since those boys have had trouble on a flight. (And we know practically every crazy SOB on the planet is out to get Israel.)

El Al has 100% armed security. If y'all remember, several years ago a gunman opened fire in LAX and was shot by an "El Al ticket agent". Ticket agent, my ass.......

Back
Top Bottom