• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 application info needed

The eform1 is pretty simple. Just know that you can upload your pic with a cellphone pic and send your fingerprints out by mail unless if you have eft copies available.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

“It remains to be seen if the system can withstand millions of additional form submissions,”
“This influx of millions of new applications for the ATF Pistol Brace registration would also backlog any other forms submitted through the same processing.”

“According to the ATF itself, completing a Form 1 takes approximately four hours. That means, the owners of up to 40,000,000 braced weapons will spend up to a collective 160,000,000 hours registering their lawfully acquired firearms ... “

“The ATF reportedly processed 512,315 National Firearms Act forms in 2020,”
“At that rate – assuming no further backlog and assuming all affected gun owners comply with gun registration – it would take the ATF over 78 years to process all the pistol registration forms.”

“It remains to be seen if the system can withstand millions of additional form submissions,”
“This influx of millions of new applications for the ATF Pistol Brace registration would also backlog any other forms submitted through the same processing.”

“According to the ATF itself, completing a Form 1 takes approximately four hours. That means, the owners of up to 40,000,000 braced weapons will spend up to a collective 160,000,000 hours registering their lawfully acquired firearms ... “

“The ATF reportedly processed 512,315 National Firearms Act forms in 2020,”
“At that rate – assuming no further backlog and assuming all affected gun owners comply with gun registration – it would take the ATF over 78 years to process all the pistol registration forms.”
I understand it's the government, but I still can't wrap my head around how it could take them 4 hours to process one form. Any semi-competent gunstore employee could easily do 20 4473s in that amount of time if not a whole lot more.

I understand it's the government, but I still can't wrap my head around how it could take them 4 hours to process one form. Any semi-competent gunstore employee could easily do 20 4473s in that amount of time if not a whole lot more.
This ^^^^^ 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

But as we know all NFA forms background checks are being done by ATF solely, something happened between them and NICS and has caused wait times to be ridiculous.

You talking about the picture?

Read something about this in another thread. What kind of dumbass would submit a pic with the brace still on....

If you're registering for the "free" tax stamp, it's presumed that you were in possession of a pistol with brace already, which is why it qualifies for the free stamp. If that weren't the case, you could just register any lower or pistol for "free", which you cannot explicitly do according to the guidance put out. I looked at the guide the ATF put out for the free stamp and there is a section that lists photos of the firearm as optional. The only required photos mentioned on the form are photos of yourself.

I just read that Form 1 firearms need to be engraved with owner and location info. This sounds ridiculous, but also somehow appropriate for government logic. Any advice on where to get this done? Trophy shops?

This is only true if the firearm isn't already engraved with manufacturer markings. For example, you made your own from an 80% lower. If it already has markings, you can "adopt" those markings and no additional engraving is necessary. This is spelled out clearly in the guides put out by the ATF.

Is that true just for the 'free' stamp?

I thought you still had to engrave your own info (name/trust, city & state) on anything you 'make' with the original Form 1, but I haven't done one in a few years.

Is that true just for the 'free' stamp?

I thought you still had to engrave your own info (name/trust, city & state) on anything you 'make' with the original Form 1, but I haven't done one in a few years.

I think it's just for firearms covered under this rule. Here's what they say about markings in the new rule FAQ:

If the SBR equipped with a “stabilizing brace” is registered within the 120-day tax forbearance period, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker’s marking exception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If the firearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92 & 479.102 prior to submitting the E-Form 1.

Back
Top Bottom