• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 can kits under attack. ATF at it again

FreedomUSMC

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
The ATF has seized a manufacturer and sent letters to several others. Now they are going after the people that have made purchases from those companies.

I don't think 99.9% complete silencer kits (everything minus one or two holes you drill through a piece of aluminum)
are legal, not since the late 1980s when the definition of silencer was expanded to include silencer parts.
Nobody said the parts had to be 100% ready to drop-in and use for them to still be silencer parts.

ATF overlooked the silencer kit issue for a while, but now they're cracking down.
Even on the silencer kits marketed as "solvent traps" or "solvent filters."

That being said, I would not hesitate to buy one myself, as long as by the time I got the kit in my possession, my Form 1 and my $200 payment was ready to send to ATF on the same day.

I don't think 99.9% complete silencer kits (everything minus one or two holes you drill through a piece of aluminum)
are legal, not since the late 1980s when the definition of silencer was expanded to include silencer parts.
Nobody said the parts had to be 100% ready to drop-in and use for them to still be silencer parts.

ATF overlooked the silencer kit issue for a while, but now they're cracking down.
Even on the silencer kits marketed as "solvent traps" or "solvent filters."

That being said, I would not hesitate to buy one myself, as long as by the time I got the kit in my possession, my Form 1 and my $200 payment was ready to send to ATF on the same day.

The ATF states that modifying a solvent trap, prior to a tax stamp, is illegal. Haven’t seen any changes to laws this year. As of 2021, there was no law against them. Got this from my Attorney:

The ATF states that modifying a solvent trap, prior to a tax stamp, is illegal. Haven’t seen any changes to laws this year. As of 2021, there was no law against them. Got this from my Attorney:

Thanks, great read.
Just waiting for some well funded individual to buy a solvent trap, parade it to the atf with zero constructive intent and then go after them when they have their rights violated.

Third, for anybody who has destroyed the items they received, not received items they ordered, or otherwise no longer has items from Diversified Machine – ATF will purportedly be taking those people at their word as they are also not the targets of this investigation

Who knew that "it got lost in the mail" was a legal defense.

That's a JOKE, follow the advise in this letter, and NEVER respond to ANY question from ATF without your attorney being present.

Same issue with the auto key card. It’s illegal to have a damn drawing of the thing. How is that not some kind of infringement on rights? Who knew blueprints meant you owned a machine gun.

I can only hope the entire ATF implodes on itself. They are the FBI and CIA rejects.

Back
Top Bottom