• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 SBR -- registered, but want to change lower question....

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
I have a registered SBR via efile form 1 for a 10.5" SBR; the lower is built off an Anderson lower; hypothetically...what happens if.....no other changes......I want to sell the Anderson lower (for $10 btw cause it's crap) and replace the registered SBR lower with, let's say, an LMT lower...do I need to restart the whole process or simply transfer the form 1?? I'm assuming my question is false and that the answer is that I have to re-start the process with "each" lower, but hoping the ODT can advice...........

You have to file a new Form 1. That's why it's important to verify fit and it's a good idea to invest in a quality lower

I agree; that's what I thought; I have a few SBR's, but rushed into the Anderson lower because of the price; not a big deal as I didn't spend a ton, but still threw away money that I wouldn't have if I just waited.....still not a bad truck gun...

Name your price ODT...

Attachments

• 6a1cb129-3363-4aef-99bc-c86ef625e8fa.jpe
    6a1cb129-3363-4aef-99bc-c86ef625e8fa.jpe
    15.1 KB · Views: 41
You may be able to turn in that stamp and get your $200 back or a credit towards another stamp.

Since he just posted a completed picture of the SBR I don't see that being a good idea. :becky:

OP, who cares what roll mark is on the lower. I have SBR Colt, Bushmaster, PSA, DPMS, and S&W and honestly I couldn't tell you which is which as I never look.

Nothing wrong with an Anderson roll mark on a SBR. It's still a SBR which makes it cooler than 99.9% of the rifles you will encounter day to day.

Since he just posted a completed picture of the SBR I don't see that being a good idea. :becky:

OP, who cares what roll mark is on the lower. I have SBR Colt, Bushmaster, PSA, DPMS, and S&W and honestly I couldn't tell you which is which as I never look.

Nothing wrong with an Anderson roll mark on a SBR. It's still a SBR which makes it cooler than 99.9% of the rifles you will encounter day to day.

I would assume you can just disassemble it?

I honestly I've never heard of them doing it until Dean / HeavyD told me sometimes they do.

I would assume you can just disassemble it?

I honestly I've never heard of them doing it until Dean / HeavyD told me sometimes they do.

They will refund if you cancel it before you build it. Once it has been built they will cancel it, but your money is gone.

How is the lower crap? I've got an Anderson built and it's fine. I've never seen an engraved lower for sale, but I wouldn't think a $40 lower with your trust name engraved on it would be worth $10. Might as well keep it and SBR another lower.

For what its worth my SBR'd lower is on an Anderson and while the upper to lower fit isn't as tight as my factory Colt I dont have any qualms with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom