• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Former officer Rolfe accused of violation terms of his bond

How do you know he was going on vacation? Oh, that's right: You read it in an online news article.

Maybe the real story is he has a sick relative who lives on the beach in Florida. Or maybe it's a funeral.

Given these two narratives:
1) Former cop in tremendously unjust circumstances, targeted by the ruling elite of Atlanta for a political narrative, with dire threat to his future, family and overall well being, makes stupid choice to go vacationing in Florida in defiance of bond terms.

or

2) Widely-known-to-be-bent DA plays P.R. games with a bond exception request from same defendant.

I'll take #2. Twice on Sunday.
How much would you like to bet?

How do you know he was going on vacation? Oh, that's right: You read it in an online news article.

Maybe the real story is he has a sick relative who lives on the beach in Florida. Or maybe it's a funeral.

1) Former cop in tremendously unjust circumstances, targeted by the ruling elite of Atlanta for a political narrative, with dire threat to his future, family and overall well being, makes stupid choice to go vacationing in Florida in defiance of bond terms.

or

2) Widely-known-to-be-bent DA plays P.R. games with a bond exception request from same defendant.

You know why is this even news?

His motion was filed as vacation travel. Not funeral leave. Not court proceedings in another state. Not work off-site conference training. If it was listed otherwise, it probably would not have been publicized. But the fact that it was listed as vacation travel and he left before approval is what got him in this additional quandary now.

My $20 bet that his "vacation travel" is not in his stipulations of bond agreement is still on the table.

We are not arguing his presumed and evidence based innocence. We are arguing the facts of his bond now. Until charges are dropped, the man is in the court system and goes by their rules.

or

I don't like that DA anymore than you do, but come on that's a bit of a stretch. I've never heard of any judge ever giving special bond circumstances for somebody facing a murder charge that included beach vacations. It'll never happen in a million years. If I were betting the farm, I'd say that Mr. Rolfe just made a bonehead move VS some PR stunt that allowed him to leave on vacation just so they could stick it to him when he got back.

How much would you like to bet?

I'll gamble an apology: Gladly give you one if there is reliable proof that Rolfe went brain dead and did as that news narrative says. As opposed to reliable proof that this is just gamesmanship by the Fulton County DA's office.

I expect to see a press release from Rolfe's lawyers describing different circumstances than represented by the DA.

I'll gamble an apology: Gladly give you one if there is reliable proof that Rolfe went brain dead and did as that news narrative says. As opposed to reliable proof that this is just gamesmanship by the Fulton County DA's office.

I expect to see a press release from Rolfe's lawyers describing different circumstances than represented by the DA.
An apology? For what? You didn't offend me. :confused: Just name the price. I'm in for whatever you'd like.

NDBB96K_d.webp

I don't like that DA anymore than you do, but come on that's a bit of a stretch. I've never heard of any judge ever giving special bond circumstances for somebody facing a murder charge that included beach vacations. It'll never happen in a million years. If I were betting the farm, I'd say that Mr. Rolfe just made a bonehead move VS some PR stunt that allowed him to leave on vacation just so they could stick it to him when he got back.

I'm not arguing there is a vacation clause in the bond terms.

I'm arguing that Rolfe may have asked permission to leave the state for other circumstances, and the DA is simply representing it as "He went to the beach to vacation in Florida."

This may all be a ginned up ploy to get Rolfe to plead to a lesser charge (much easier to do if he isn't out on bond), because the case against him is so weak, and the political pressure is enormous.

To paraphrase the old joke: "How can tell Paul Howard is lying? His lips are moving."

P.S. I'm riled up about this for the reasons you would expect: It's a tremendous miscarriage of justice. Rolfe is being fed to a pack of hungry wolves, purely for political gain. He did his job the way the Atlanta PD trained him to do it, within bounds what any rational, informed observer would say is good police practice. A paroled felon, caught breaking the law and facing re-incarceration for multiple years, lost his life in the incident because he chose to fight and use dangerous weapons against cops.

That describes who the mayor and the DA are.

You trying to to tell me they are more honorable than Rolfe?

Try harder.

An apology? For what? You didn't offend me. :confused: Just name the price. I'm in for whatever you'd like.

You feel a burning need to profit from this discussion?

If we go that route, we'll have an endless argument about what reliable proof is, fed info by dishonest spin doctors, intent on shaping a narative in an intense political battle. Will be a classic case of there being three truths.

Your grand total potential winnings (from me) are: I'll acknowledge you are right and I am wrong if that becomes obvious to a rational observer.

An honest exchange is worth more than a few bucks in your pocket or a beer in your belly.

Back
Top Bottom