• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forsyth County Pawn What Do You Guys Think?

Dawsonville Gun and Pawn is a proper gun shop with more inventory than most even before the separated the pawn and gun businesses.
Yep, a wide and varied selection. Literally something for just about any budget. I’m in there quite often (my wife says way too much) and I have done a lot of business with them. They have always treated me well.

Screenshot_20190307-184128_Samsung Internet.jpg

I stopped in there today.
Gun inventory is very low, especially for handguns.
But they say it will be well-stocked in April.

SUGGESTION: This business could arrange gun-related seminars a few times per year, at a rented banquet room or maybe the gov't-owned Castleberry Community Center.

Have one seminar for prospective or new gun owners about basic gun safety, finding places to shoot, overview of different types of guns and which are best for which applications, quick and easy overview of gun laws, what a carry permit is good for.

Have another seminar that goes into the nuts and bolts of choosing and using firearms for self-defense and home defense. This is for normal gun owners and GWL holders--people already pretty knowledgable about guns.

Have an advanced-level seminar of gun laws, including laws on deadly force.

Get known in the community as the go-to place for educating the public about guns, and helping current gun owners "up their game" to the next level.

I bought a lot of guns in there 5 or 6 years ago. The old staff was easy to get along with and easy to deal with. They knew what I liked, if something came in, I would get a phone call and the right of first refusal. My average spent in that store was over 10k a year for several years. I used to tell them I wanted them to make money, just not all of it off of me. The store now is not even worth going to, I hope you can bring it back to it's glory days. One last note, the last thing had done in there was a transfer. They charged me $60.00 to transfer 2 ar rifles on the same 4473. I have not bought anything in there since.

Back
Top Bottom