• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forsyth County Pawn What Do You Guys Think?

Your right I do work there. I'm buying the place and want input from the community on how I can as a new owner to improve it.

Have inventory. I own more guns then they currently have for sale. Have people that engage the customers for the last couple years you walk in there and the ladies are just chit chatting and dont look over at you to see if you need help, you have to go interrupt their conversation.

That place was awesome huge inventory great customer service great prices. If you made a reasonable offer on something used they sold it to you. A very high volume store. I currently have 100 bucks worth of gift certificates to the place and cant spend them because they have nothing.

You let us know when you take over and I'll start stopping in again.

Well give us another try middle of next month.
Are you going to have plenty of inventory next month. Used and new, plus accessories. After two robberies I think people are going to feel a little skittish. I go in the store at least twice a month, (not sure why) and over the past 12 months I have watched the stock dwindle down to nothing. To be completely honest, the store isn’t inviting as it used to be. Either be a quality gun store for the Cumming and surrounding areas or a Pawn Shop. Model yourself around GaGun Store. Easily the best gun store in North Ga.

Yes! Stock will be going back up prices will be going back down the out side will be updated and painted. I cant do the stock over night but I will be adding new and used as quickly as I can. I do not want to model myself after anyone or anything I want to make my on path and have it be a better one. If I model myself after another I will always be compared or playing second best. Give me some time guys and gals and we ( the store) will be a powerhouse once again. To answer the other question yes there is a guy named Roger who owns the store along with another partner and he is a great guy and a good friend.

Sounds like most pawn shops...used Glock 23 with one mag, $600 firm because "I got that much in it"...just shake my head and walk away...
You can be rest assured that if anyone in the shop puts 600 in a used glock unless it's a zev taran tactical or a head down custom they want be working there long and have lost there minds.

If you want to stand out, sell ammo at a decent price. Dahlonega gun and pawn seems to run solid deals on ammo but the others in the area treat it as an after thought.

I used to go there often. My truck broke down across the street at Roosters the other day and I didn’t even bother to walk across the street to look around while I waited on the wrecker. It feels like a funeral home in there.

If you want to stand out, sell ammo at a decent price. Dahlonega gun and pawn seems to run solid deals on ammo but the others in the area treat it as an after thought.

I used to go there often. My truck broke down across the street at Roosters the other day and I didn’t even bother to walk across the street to look around while I waited in the wrecker. It feels like a funeral home in there.

Well I have never heard it put that way. Well hopefully the funeral will be over soon and some life will be put back in.

Never been there because it’s a ways from me but here’s my free advice (which is worth what you paid for it :p).

1. Have polite, knowledgeable staff.
2. Have all prices visible and not a tease where staff have to be asked.
3. Keep a good inventory of used stuff.
4. Free transfers for ODT members (had to say it).
5. Reasonable prices - we know you got to make money but be realistic and negotiable. (Still triggered by the $600 WELL used Beretta 92 I saw in a ahem “local Athens” establishment Friday night.

Back
Top Bottom