• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forsyth County Pawn What Do You Guys Think?

Separate the tools, jewelry and electronics from the gun stuff. Nobody shopping for a gun wants a hammer dropped on their little toe and most people bent over looking for a saw, don't want someone playing with a gun behind them.

Have knowledgable people working in each department, very few people know much about everything, well except on this site.

Well I could do that but I do know the owners of Cherokee and as I said I'm trying to do something different to set the store a part I dont want to follow another's example I want to turn this place in to the example. That is why I have this forum open and want the feed back. Not trying to offend just putting out what I'm trying to do.

Well I could do that but I do know the owners of Cherokee and as I said I'm trying to do something different to set the store a part I dont want to follow another's example I want to turn this place in to the example. That is why I have this forum open and want the feed back. Not trying to offend just putting out what I'm trying to do.
Same folks aren’t they? Or at least have a hand in them.

Local pawn shops S of town sell their good stuff on gunbroker, and usually have a dedicated sales guy just for that.

This tends to make them set ODT pricing on those items.

I understand the business model, but after several visits, I do not return to those shops.

Essentially, they mine the local area for stuff they can sell nationwide.

Would I do that in their place? It is all about making the bucks.

I actually got a great deal several years ago relying on the greed of a local gun store.
I had gone in to the store to look at a nice Colt. The owner said it was on Gunbroker, I looked and it had no bids. I made him a very good offer, only to be told it would sell for twice as much on GB. So I went home placed a bid which was the starting bid, and several $$$ less than I offered in the store. Mine was the only bid, and it was a joy to go back to the store and pick it up. So the moral to this story is do not rely on Gunbroker. If someone local comes in and you can work out a deal you both are happy with, go for it.

Fair enough but those two stores are the only two pawn shops I ever buy guns from and if you add GT distributors and Truprep the only 4 retailers I have bought guns from in the last decade.... and I buy a lot of guns.

Fair enough but those two stores are the only two pawn shops I ever buy guns from and if you add GT distributors and Truprep the only 4 retailers I have bought guns from in the last decade.... and I buy a lot of guns.
If I were going to sell chicken sandwiches. I would certainly visit chick fil a. Honestly if I were going to open any business I would spend a lot of time going into successful business to see why they are successful.

Back
Top Bottom