• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found Beagle in Banks co on Lake Russel WMA

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Posting this in here in hopes that someone here lost these or knows who did. Last Sunday we were doing some work on our Banks Co farm that backs up to Lake Russell WMA. Two beagles came out of WMA and would not make their way back. We let them hang around in hopes that someone would come looking for them. They did look like they have been running for a day or so as they are thin. But they are well mannered and when they seen shotguns got super excited. They are trained some what and like to ride in our side-x-side and trucks. They had to be hunting dogs or being trained when lost one. Both have collars but no tags. The white one wondered off Sunday night and has not been back. This black and tan one is still hanging around farm house. I did touch base with most of the hunters I know in the area and called a few that were given to me. None seem to be missing dogs. Took the black one to vet today and he is not chipped and appears to be younger. I would love to get this dog back to his owner, but if not at least to a good family home for him. My parents do not need a dog right now and I have three bird dogs already. If you know of anyone please reach out and let me know. Thanks, Matt

IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

thinking back
you should have put a note on the dog that left

maybe the black and tan one likes his new home better

when we finished hunting and a dog did not return, the owner would leave his tee-shirt at the let out spot and the dog usually would be there the next day

Back
Top Bottom