Found dead buck on my property.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
1B26870C-823E-4CE6-8E35-B0F474334F2C.jpeg
FEA2567F-E386-4CCB-B1A1-2B44770A358A.jpeg
Either someone shot him and couldn’t find him or he got hit by a car.
The bees, flies and maggots are making quick work of him.
There must be a couple million maggots inside this thing.
They’re oozing out of its chest cavity.
Should be nothing but bones next week.
I may get some rattling antlers from it if it’s still there.
I’ve had my eye on this 7 point and was going to let him walk and grow a couple more years.
I’m thinking he’s 3.5 yr old.
Shame he’s gone like that.
I’m leaning more towards a car strike because there’s a major road crossing and it looks like he was headed away from there.
Made it about 150 yards from rd.
DAngit.

Oh well maybe I’ll see that nice 10pt again.

I found him because I was hunting my tower for the first time last night and smelled something dead.
It was pretty strong so I knew it must have been a fairly large animal.
I went to investigate this morning and the vultures gave it away.

that thing looks like it's been dead more than just a couple days.....maybe someone got an early start on their season?

I had a similar experience Sunday but the deer i found was a doe with an arrow sticking out of her guts and a congregation of vultures is what alerted me to her presence. Damn shame to waste one of Gods creatures but the scavengers need to eat too, i guess.

Well, it doesn't appear that you have a coyote infestation.

I've had road kill not last a day on my property. The bones would be picked clean. No hide no guts.

Well, it doesn't appear that you have a coyote infestation.

I've had road kill not last a day on my property. The bones would be picked clean. No hide no guts.

No yotes lately but we do have plenty of red fox.
Yeah nature makes quick work of things.
I’ll try to get a progress picture tomorrow but I hope this thing don’t scare away all the other deer because he’s right on a major deer crossing path.

Could be blue tongue, but you would’ve probably noticed that he didn’t look so well when you saw him a few days ago.

Oh man his head was high and he looked very healthy and spry when I saw him.
I took a video of the million maggots moving on him and it looks like his ribs are busted up pretty badly on his right side.

I noticed my neighbors car has some front end damage so I’m gonna ask her if she hit a deer on our street.

Back
Top Bottom