• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found some ammo

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Academy Sports in Hiram Ga. As of noon today (Saturday 1/26/13) there ammo shelves where well stocked. Sorry no .22lr, 380, or9mm. But they did have .45 and a lot of rifle

The Academy in McDonough has been getting regular shipments and you can get it "pre-retard" pricing, but as one of my buddies put it, it's like "Black Friday sales" - you have to be lined up at the door at 7:30 to be in line. When I spoke to one of the reps there on Tue, he said they had a shipment coming in and it would be ready first thing Wed. My buddy said that when he asked again today, they said their next shipment would be ready for tomorrow AM.

Personally, I'm not participating, no need to perpetuate the nonsense..... I just don't need it :noidea:

I have read stories where gun shop owners were buying from the big box stores at normal pricing and then taking to their shops and selling for double and up...... Not sure if that is the truth, but seeing some of the selling and scare tactics used in certain local shops recently, I would not be surprised one bit.

I prefer to sit back and be entertained :lol:

I know that at least one pawnshop/gunstore is buying a shopping cart full first thing Saturday morning and selling it. I watched a lady take a cart full.

I guess the Hiram store and other have it on the shelf because they stopped "the feeding frenzy" by limiting quantities. By not letting people get too many boxes at once, everybody gets some. I guess I can live with it for now

Back
Top Bottom