• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found something?

Here are some of my arrowheads. Anyone know what the Natives used the softball sized rock for? Found it in a fire break on a hunting trip when I was in high school.

IMG_20161117_172614790.jpg

IMG_20161117_172249229.jpg

IMG_20161117_172349655.jpg

My great Uncle used to take me and a cousin hunting in Washington Co. in the 70's. We'd eat lunch on a knoll where one mound was comprised of imperfect (mostly) flint arrowheads. Must have been a work site he said. Cool to find a "good one", at least to the "white eyes."

I found a balloon one time with a letter attached to it. It said 'it is my birthday... call me and let me know where the balloon landed' I called the number and told them I was in Macon. I don't remember where they were but I think it was pretty far away, and a couple of months from when they let the balloon go. They said that they do it each year. Kind of a cool idea.
I remember that.
The ballon was found in Roberta and originated in Cobb County about 5 miles from where we live. It traveled over 100 miles.

Can't believe I didn't think of this last night when I posted about the mosquito mask. I might have one of the best finds on the list. So, about 10yrs ago I was hog hunting on the back side of my property. I was driving down the little farm road on my 4 wheeler taking the dogs back to a hot spot we could usually jump up some hogs...and there it was, laying in the road. What was is you ask? How about a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun!!!! Yep, right there in the road. It had been there a while and had a slight layer of rust on the side of the gun facing up and the wood had been bleached from the sun. When I got it home and went through it and the spring that kept pressure on the shells in the tube was broke so you had to point the muzzle of the gun up to get the shell out the tube and into the chamber when racking it. After replacing a few parts, refinishing the wood and reblueing it, I ended up with a decent scatter gun!! Only thing I can figure is a trespasser shooting ducks or turkey left it there when it broke.

Back
Top Bottom