Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
21   0
Reaction score
DSC_0092.JPG
Man,the storys it could tell
DSC_0086.JPG

Last edited:
This is a 45 min.ride in a truck from any town(think how long it would take to get to town on a horse or horse and wagon)
The area was occupied by indians until the Georgia land lottery of 1832,but there's no telling how long ago this chimney was part of a home

Last edited:
I wouldn't plant a tree in front of a chimney, it might catch on fire.

It planted itself.

There are lots of those where ever the land hasn't been cleared or "developed" for a century or so. Esp. out West where you can see them from miles away. I find them rather sad. That pile of stone represents the hopes and dreams some otherwise forgotten person once had.

Last edited:
Very cool find! I love coming across old things like this. Reminds me of the time I came across a VERY VERY old graveyard in the middle of nowhere at a old deer hunting lease when I was a little boy. Im talking DEEP in the woods far far away from anything. Makes you stop and wonder.

Last edited:
Very cool find! I live coming across old things like this. Reminds me of the time I came across a VERY VERY old graveyard in the middle of nowhere at a old deer hunting lease when I was a little boy. Im talking DEEP in the woods far far away from anything. Makes you stop and wonder.

You never know. Our deep in the woods may have been right alongside an old trail or wagon road way back in the day. Especially before the Corp of Engineers started damning up things.

Back
Top Bottom