• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

foundation repair

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
I have a 2nd house that needed some foundation work for a while. I got one estimate from aqua-guard for 30k and another from a contractor who was going to excavate the perimeter and apply a membrane to the exterior of the foundation. The last guy was going to have his roofer give me an estimate also.... Then he disappeared for a month. (he lost his chance).

Who here does whole house foundation work? I have standing water under my house (crawlspace) and the floor need to be re-leveled, or who do you recommend?

How are your down spouts and gutters? Most water issues is because of drainage. I had a basement on one of ours and I was given a 30 grand estimate. I had a bowed wall and I spoke to a company that said about carbon fiber strap to hold the wall. I called the company and he sold the stuff to me and I dug out the front perimeter of the house and the wall went straight and I installed the fiber straps as I was directed and then put the membrane, sealer and new drain. Problem solved. It's been dry for the past 13 years!

How are your down spouts and gutters? Most water issues is because of drainage. I had a basement on one of ours and I was given a 30 grand estimate. I had a bowed wall and I spoke to a company that said about carbon fiber strap to hold the wall. I called the company and he sold the stuff to me and I dug out the front perimeter of the house and the wall went straight and I installed the fiber straps as I was directed and then put the membrane, sealer and new drain. Problem solved. It's been dry for the past 13 years!
No DIY stuff. Thanks

Make sure the gutters work properly and the down spouts direct the water at least fifteen feet away downhill from the hoise

And make sure the ground slopes away from the house all the way around it .

And make sure there isn’t any standing water or puddles within 40 of the house when it rains

Any standing water within sight of the house can be a problem .

Back
Top Bottom