• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foundering

Too many carbs too quickly. Somehow it rids the digesting of the bacteria they need. More common now with supplemental feeding...ie. Corn.
My first thought was this man is obviously shoveling corn down this deers throat at large quantities lol. But then again like some humans are more prone to certain things due to genetics

Some of my pigs hooves will do this. Pigs root for worms because they need protein. I feed them cracked corn and dumpster veggies. Straight corn is a horrible feed. This condition can damage their legs and make them cripple. Big girl is pushing 20. She was on dogfood for many years. Trimmed her hooves when I first got her. Still moves slow.

Wonder if feral hogs have the same issue as this deer. We always said in Texas when the hogs move in the deer move out.

Big girl is one of my pets (thanks buttplate!!)

100_6543.JPG

I do not hunt but I feed the deer in my backyard with 3 cups of corn every day. Is that enough to cause this? I'm just trying to help them make it thru the winter when the vegetation is gone.
There is no reason to do that. There has never been a deer starve to death in Georgia. They'll be perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom