• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fountain pens and fine writing instruments

I spend countless hours on useless conference calls so Chicken Scratch instruments are perfectly paired with my present state of interest. :) I realize that an agreement can be effectively executed with the red pen borrowed from the Marriott front desk. :)
I like fountain pens for personal writing. Goals, to-do lists, notes, etc. I'll readily admit that they're not ideal for work. Anything at work that I would use a fountain pen for is done on the computer. Hell, at work I keep my lists on the computer as well. I still want that Vanishing Point though because I hate capping/uncapping all the time. I tend to think in-between sentences and list entries.

BSB is the king of finicky- just do some Googling. The color is unmatched (so vibrant that it fatigues the eyes, according to some), but it's absolutely finicky. I think you're making the right decision. I would trade the pizazz of the BSB for a more non-descript workhorse ink in a second. BSB stains like a mother****er too. Get that on your hands and it's there for a day or so. Stains sinks as well and takes some effort to get it off.

LOL. That's something about fountain pens I hadn't considered until the first time I stumbled through filling a converter. I have dry skin and the ink SHOOTS through the loops and whorls of the fingerprints and every crack and crease in the skin like lightening. And then it washes off....eventually.

I've stolen so many pens from my bank I singlehandedly lowered the interest rate on their CDs. ;)
Just when you thought interest rates couldn't get any lower! Seriously savings/CD/checking/whatever interest rates are so low now, you might as well throw that **** in a hole. I'm gonna get that 401k popping here in a couple months when I start my benefits eligibility. 50% match up to 6% plus the tax advantages, and I can invest in index funds? Sign me up

I like fountain pens for personal writing. Goals, to-do lists, notes, etc. I'll readily admit that they're not ideal for work. Anything at work that I would use a fountain pen for is done on the computer. Hell, at work I keep my lists on the computer as well. I still want that Vanishing Point though because I hate capping/uncapping all the time. I tend to think in-between sentences and list entries.

I've thought about that...capping and un-capping. But I think it is part of the experience. Like winding or setting a watch. The time spent doing it is part of the overall richness of the experience. Otherwise might as well buy a digital watch and disposable ballpoint pen. Now a screw on cap might be pushing it though. ;)

Just when you thought interest rates couldn't get any lower! Seriously savings/CD/checking/whatever interest rates are so low now, you might as well throw that **** in a hole. I'm gonna get that 401k popping here in a couple months when I start my benefits eligibility. 50% match up to 6% plus the tax advantages, and I can invest in index funds? Sign me up
If I don't stop buying pens my 401 is going to be a yard sale. Sigh.

I've thought about that...capping and un-capping. But I think it is part of the experience. Like winding or setting a watch. The time spent doing it is part of the overall richness of the experience. Otherwise might as well buy a digital watch and disposable ballpoint pen. Now a screw on cap might be pushing it though. ;)
I agree with you to some extent. Nothing like working the bolt of a rifle, or pumping a shotgun, or shifting a manual transmission, but capping and posting is something I can live without. I can appreciate a nice click mechanism as well. Still tactile, and honestly I like the action better than capping. I'm always afraid of scraping the cap on the nib during that process.

Fortunately my kids are doing as I say and not as I did.. I went years not contributing to 401k. I was a poor kid, I didn't have anyone guiding me about 401k and the like. Well done.. Max it out for the rest of your working days IMHO ..

Fortunately my kids are doing as I say and not as I did.. I went years not contributing to 401k. I was a poor kid, I didn't have anyone guiding me about 401k and the like. Well done.. Max it out for the rest of your working days IMHO ..
Call me a lazy, entitled millenial, but I don't want to still be working when I'm 50. Not even when I'm 40, really. I'm gonna try to get my savings rate up to 50% at the very least. Hopefully higher.

Well done and so have I with my Son..It's call raising your children to be respectful, responsible and a swift kick in the Butt if they don't..Responsible parents make sure their children are better prepared, then they were.

Back
Top Bottom