• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fox Theater help

My family was going to buy tickets for my daughter to see Hamilton. I personally can't stand the people but my daughter loves the Musical. I go to the Fox website and was prepared to drop $1200 on two tickets. When I get to the final checkout there was an additional charge anywhere from $200 to $250 per ticket. Does anybody have a hookup that could help. I refuse to pay an additional $500 for the tickets. These are the cheapest tickets you can buy. They go up to $3000 each. What the hell is wrong with me????
As far as I know they don't charge the fee if you buy at the box office. At least that's how it was last time I went. Worth a call at that price..

My whole family was kicking in money for Xmas and her birthday. I know, she is spoiled. She makes straight A's and is a good kid.
My problem was with the $500 additional once I went to check out. I thought scalping was against the law.

Bad thing is you pay all the money to see a play and the original cast is in NY. So I think your daughter might like the people in the play but will have to go the NY to see them.

So it looks like this is the issue... individual tickets for that show are not on sale yet. Prices are high because season ticket holders are reselling their tickets to that show at a higher price (and it's almost Christmas). If you would have known before hand you could have bought season tickets starting at $249. Obviously that's the big show coming to town and it's been really hard to find tickets in New York and Chicago so al lot of people bought these tickets probably with the intent to resell. I think individual tickets are released February/march ish. If you have to have it you can buy from a third party now or wait until later and see if anything is available at the box office to avoid fees

Back
Top Bottom