• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fox with Mange

A DNR agent I work out with told me if the Fox is acting “sick” and “doing crazy things” go ahead and shoot it. I say this only because I asked him bout three weeks ago. My Grandmother has a Mom and 4 cubs (Red Foxes) living under one of her buildings outback her house. They killed two of her cats and tear into her garbage. She is 91 years old and cant deal with cleaning that crap up. So I asked DNR Officer at my gym and those were his exact words. He said there is a season but if the fox is acting “sick” go ahead and shoot it. Emphasis on the quotations around the word “Sick”.

So I went by there one afternoon and took care of her problem. No more “Sick” foxes behind her house.

Good chance that it could be rabid too. I’ve heard of them having litters of pups under utility sheds and stuff, but just being under the back deck is too close, period.

Good chance that it could be rabid too. I’ve heard of them having litters of pups under utility sheds and stuff, but just being under the back deck is too close, period.
I stopped by on my way home, it’s basically made a den out of leaves under the playroom (his wife has in-home daycare). It wasn’t there when I stopped by but they’re going out of town for the week and he asked if I would drop in and check on it. :evil:

Quick tip for you. If you wanna get it to come to you use a wounded rabbit call. Start hitting that call but you gotta be ready. Its gonna all happen REAL fast. I suggest this method from experience. Lol. If possible I recommend a shotgun.

Don’t know if it’s true. I have heard if you burry it and something digs it up and eats on it, the dead carcass can pass rabies on.
When in doubt I covered with lime then buried.

Back
Top Bottom