• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fox with Mange

Don’t know if it’s true. I have heard if you burry it and something digs it up and eats on it, the dead carcass can pass rabies on.
When in doubt I covered with lime then buried.
Yeah, I thought about the lime thing but my stomach is still not fully settled. I keep having flashbacks of the wads of maggots pouring out of the skin.

I dispatched one a few years ago in my front yard. It was acting weirdly and didn't even pay me any attention as I stepped onto the front porch with the trusty Marlin 60.
It wasn't foaming at the mouth but had dried saliva on its jowls and would squat to pee every few seconds. I decided that if it didn't run off when my wife drove up then it was definitely rabid and would have to go. I had the sights on it and as soon as she drove past it it died of sudden lead poisoning. I called county animal control and the DNR neither was interested. They asked "did it come into contact with humans or pets", answer no "just dispose of it" is basically what they both said. I don't think either one of them even bothered to write it down.

Back
Top Bottom