• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fox with Rabies?

Well, that was interesting. I start calling and 15 minutes later, I see some movement about 35 yards from me. Its a freakin rabbit. Another 10 minutes later, I think I see the fox at the top of the hill about 100 yards away. I pull up my scope and its a doe. I proceed to call the doe in, using the distress call, to within 40 yards. Never saw the fox. Maybe Ill try again tomorrow night.

I saw a video last night on the local news about a rabid fox.It was a fox repeatedly trying to attack a man and the man kicking it away.At 25 lbs.,it could be a coyote.Either way,if it's coming out in the daytime,it's a pretty safe bet that it's rabid.It's definitely open season on that one,for your own safety.And don't touch the carcass afterwards.

100% a red fox. He's coming running at me WHILE I was throwing rocks into a trailer. All that noise, and he didn't care.

Yea ive called in about 7 or 8 does over the past week or two. One of which got slapped in the face with my Mojo ;) then the other doe that was with her turned and ran up about 5 yards from me. Just keep at him and you'll get him before to long. If you've seen him around the same time try calling him then.

Red Fox Down! Went out tonight, sat down with the sand bags on my picnic table in the backyard with my wife and started calling. Not 3 minutes later she shows up looking for the call, good thing I saw her early b/c you couldnt hear anything with the wet ground. Took about a 50 yard shot and she immediately went rigor. .17 cal CCI TNT's are a killer, no exit. I can only imagine what it looks like inside. Now, I can go back to letting my little dogs run around again.

I didn't really wanna snap pics of a kill out of season, even if it was warden approved. Plus being that it could have been rabid, I just handled it carefully and got rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom