• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

Call them and ask

On a more serious note, I had a 922(r) question I could never find a straight answer on. I emailed the ATF and received a boiler-plate bounceback email that I should expect to hear back in about 8 weeks!!! To my shock, 2 days later I had my answer. So I'd rather have an answer in writing via email than a phone call. Call or email them.

Just to set this straight here is the question I literally just typed and sent to the BATFE Firearms Regulatory and General Question’s email:

It is my understanding if I file a form 1 on an already manufactured receiver that includes a SN from the manufacturer and manufacturers information, and I use this said information for the data submitted on my form 1, upon approval I do not need to ALSO engrave my own information as well unless I am planning to trade/sell/or move possession of the registered form 1 NFA item to another person or business?

For example.

Submit a form 1 to create an SBR using a Spikes factory receiver that has their manufacturing information and a serial number engraved. Use that information when filling out my form 1 in block 4 A,B,C, and D respectively.
Receive my approved Tax Stamp.
Snap 10.5” upper onto lower receiver

Maintain possession of the weapon indefinitely

Thank you for your time,

—————————————————————-

I will post their response when I receive it

On a more serious note, I had a 922(r) question I could never find a straight answer on. I emailed the ATF and received a boiler-plate bounceback email that I should expect to hear back in about 8 weeks!!! To my shock, 2 days later I had my answer. So I'd rather have an answer in writing via email than a phone call. Call or email them.
If we keep emailing them you know what they’re gonna say, “you cannot shoulder your pistol” :lol:

Back
Top Bottom