• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

That's true! I hated to be "that guy" but I have a full list of 922(r) parts on all the various Benelli shotties.
But here’s the deal I’m with you on the written copy. We get into these discussion on here often and it’s always confusing and murky. I’d HATE to be the guy who tells people they can and can’t do stuff then them get in trouble because I was told misinformation (by the BATFE mind you) and since I was told said information I haven’t requested anything in writing from them. I sent that email a few minutes ago because until it’s written down, it’s just an employees voice on a phone. It would behoove me to have a reference from the horses mouth to A. Show others and make them feel comfortable or B. Have a leg to stand on if I ever need to argue my point.

It will be interesting how they respond seeing as they have responded on many issues in the past differently within several months of responding previously. With all the new manufacturers, and product, and interest in NFA items they’ve created a bit of a cluster.

I will share their response to me when I get it.

Do you have the email from your 922r question? Did it clarify things for you and were you close in your interpretation? No need to share the actual response if you don’t want to just curious as to if it cleared things up for you or made it more confusing.

But here’s the deal I’m with you on the written copy. We get into these discussion on here often and it’s always confusing and murky. I’d HATE to be the guy who tells people they can and can’t do stuff then them get in trouble because I was told misinformation (by the BATFE mind you) and since I was told said information I haven’t requested anything in writing from them. I sent that email a few minutes ago because until it’s written down, it’s just an employees voice on a phone. It would behoove me to have a reference from the horses mouth to A. Show others and make them feel comfortable or B. Have a leg to stand on if I ever need to argue my point.

It will be interesting how they respond seeing as they have responded on many issues in the past differently within several months of responding previously. With all the new manufacturers, and product, and interest in NFA items they’ve created a bit of a cluster.

I will share their response to me when I get it.

Do you have the email from your 922r question? Did it clarify things for you and were you close in your interpretation? No need to share the actual response if you don’t want to just curious as to if it cleared things up for you or made it more confusing.

Well, it seems what they told you over the phone is the same as what that guy mentions in this article:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/foghorn/do-you-need-to-engrave-your-form-1ed-sbr/

However, your interpretation of engraving after it was removed from the registry and then sold was different.

To my 922(r) question, I posted the response here:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/posts/7810764/

Ultimately I wasn't happy with the answer because there's literally no way I've found to make a Supernova Tactical 922(r) compliant given the number of U.S. made parts available. When I've reached out to any company that makes U.S. made parts for the shotgun they haven't responded when I asked who else made another part I needed (i.e. trigger part, handguard, magazine body). My guess is at one point these parts existed so one could make it 922(r) compliant, but now they don't. Those companies continue to sell the U.S. made parts regardless even though they're useless if I can't find 3 replacement parts.

Well, it seems what they told you over the phone is the same as what that guy mentions in this article:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/foghorn/do-you-need-to-engrave-your-form-1ed-sbr/

However, your interpretation of engraving after it was removed from the registry and then sold was different.

To my 922(r) question, I posted the response here:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/posts/7810764/

Ultimately I wasn't happy with the answer because there's literally no way I've found to make a Supernova Tactical 922(r) compliant given the number of U.S. made parts available. When I've reached out to any company that makes U.S. made parts for the shotgun they haven't responded when I asked who else made another part I needed (i.e. trigger part, handguard, magazine body). My guess is at one point these parts existed so one could make it 922(r) compliant, but now they don't. Those companies continue to sell the U.S. made parts regardless even though they're useful if I can't find an extra in my case.
Just engrave U.S. on some non descript parts yo :becky::spy:

That’s probably the only thing this “firearm” has going for it.

I think the binary trigger is actually a pretty cool gadget. I still can’t bring myself to pay the kind of money they want for one though.
The entire time that trigger is being advertised, the ATF is working on a regulation to get such things banned.

The entire time that trigger is being advertised, the ATF is working on a regulation to get such things banned.
No doubt about it. That’s the other thing that keeps me from buying one. I don’t want to spend $400+ on a trigger only to have the ATF decide it’s an illegal machine gun 6 months later.

congress asleep.jpg

It's this kind of "outside the box" thinking that company can do then good luck.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they said, hey, I got an idea!

Can you say "Cone of fire"?

But what if you aim right and the bullet goes left. Or vice versa? Maybe it doesn't matter inside your house or your local indoor shooting range.

I wonder what kind of penetration they get with a key-holing round?

Back
Top Bottom