• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fraudulent charged on my BofA debit card.

they got my dads business check # some how hit up 3-lowe's within 2 weeks of each other 1. In fort ogelthorpe, 2. cherokee county, 3. Augusta so they were all over the state. Almost $$5,000 bank is reimbursing him

Someone just charged $244 on my debit card with Nike.com. I've never purchased anything from Nike.com. Bank of America was very nice and canceled/reissued my card, but this is the 7th time since 2016. I confirmed that with the guy at BofA. Am I the only one this is happening too and this frequently? I would understand once and a while, but 7 times in 2 years??
Do not use Debit card at the gas station. EVER.
Think back, what was a common place between all cards where you used it?

My late wife's card was used fraudulently several times. I had no problems. We suspected a store in town.
Went to that store year later, and my Credit card was fraudulently used 3 days later (2 one way tickets on America Airlines from Moscow to London and lots of booze and food on that flight. African sounding names) . Have not been back to the store, no problems since.

Do you use your card to pay bills on your computer? You could have a virus that is giving your info to hackers.

I pay everything via online, so no telling. I was told one time to never run your card as a debit at gas stations and to always run it as credit so you enter your zip code and not your pin number. I actually do this almost everywhere. If they had my number and pin, they could wipe out my checking account and I would be ****ed. I'm really not that concerned with fraud charges as BofA credits these immediately. I had someone run up $1200 up in NJ last year for welding gloves.....I don't weld and have never been to NJ...BofA had the money back in my account before I even hung up the phone. It's more of an inconvience thing for me as I have to re-set up my auto-pay accounts.

Do not use Debit card at the gas station. EVER.
Think back, what was a common place between all cards where you used it?

My late wife's card was used fraudulently several times. I had no problems. We suspected a store in town.
Went to that store year later, and my Credit card was fraudulently used 3 days later (2 one way tickets on America Airlines from Moscow to London, lots of booze and food on that flight. African sounding names) . Have not been back to the store, no problems since.

Honestly, I use mine everywhere. I think security is far behind what the crooks are able to do....hell in the last year, I've seen Best Buy, Target, BofA, even some of the credit reporting agencies getting hacked. They could have gotten my info from a hell of a lot of sources, not just a gas station.

Back
Top Bottom