• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fraudulent charged on my BofA debit card.

My debit card was used fraudently online with surprising regularity when I still banked with BofA. I still shop all the same places I used too during that time and almost always use my debit or cc and have had zero issues since switching to Navy Federal years ago. I absolutely 100% believe BofA was the biggest reason for the fraudulent charges on my cards of theirs. It cant be a coincidence that this is something I hear about frequently from BofA customers I talk to. I'm sure to credit unions too, but I dont hear about nearly as much as I do with banks, especially BofA. I will say I never had any issue getting my money back from BofA, but they seem to have plenty of experience with that.

I have an account with BoA and I, (touch wood), have had two cases in the last 15 years with their credit card, which is used quite a lot.

My wife's debit card, from her credit union, has been much more of a problem. Maybe it's debit cards that suffer worse for some reason ?

45acp makes nice, neat holes in hard drives. Somewhat challenging on laptop drives, but a steady hand will do it.

last one of my kids tablets that died we took it out to the field and blew it up with a good dose of tanerite. Wasn't much left of it and the kids thought it was the coolest thing they have seen!

I have 33 years banking experience. I do not and never recommend ever using a debit card. Too easy for fraud to occur. Cash or credit card is the way to go.

The first problem is Bank of America. Years ago a Bank of America employee took it upon himself to order a debit card on my account. My local branch manager told me who ordered the card. I stopped in the branch where the card was ordered. The manager denied it happened. It was the bank I had deposited my check in near work. I moved my banking out and never looked back

There's truth to that. The plug in he used isn't too sophisticated, but useful ! There used to be a utility in DOS which would physically overwrite deleted files so they couldn't be retrieved. In the old days a file was deleted by removing it's "index", the actual file was still on the disk, so easy to get back. not sure about nowadays, but I suspect it's not much different.

There's still enough theft by skimmers for it to be a real problem.

At one time you could save a file that contained nothing over a file (using the same name) and the FAT (File Allocation Table) would lose the bits from the old file. Impossible to recover. I suspect that's not the case now.

There's truth to that. The plug in he used isn't too sophisticated, but useful ! There used to be a utility in DOS which would physically overwrite deleted files so they couldn't be retrieved. In the old days a file was deleted by removing it's "index", the actual file was still on the disk, so easy to get back. not sure about nowadays, but I suspect it's not much different.

There's still enough theft by skimmers for it to be a real problem.

I caught a secretary who was sending out unauthorized communications with that little fact.

She would delete the file but not the backup, and when my computer showed zero memory, there were no files. That's when I learned about the DOS backup files. M\

Made for some interesting reading.

Back
Top Bottom