• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Free motor oil for you airplane, seriously. I mean it.

IMG_1405.GIF

I need to make a harbor freight run. I wouldnt mind grabbing a few cans when I pass through. I’ll be in touch...

I've gotten a PM requesting whatever is left over, but I have sat a few quarts off to the side for you.

This is high quality stuff. Worth about $30 per quart to the rotary engine guys. You might want to rethink just giving it away.

But if you do give it away... kudos to you!

I told my boy to put some research into it, as it might have a value. He just didn't move fast enough.

Looks like obsolete radial engine oil. It may be worth a pretty penny to a collector. Is there a date on the cans? Looks like vintage stuff. I have no use for it as my engine uses a different viscosity, but it may be war surplus.
http://www.qclubricants.com/aeroshell/aeroshell_oil_w120.htm
It has very similar properties as Aeroshell W120. Obviously it's older and the designation is no longer used, but that's not to say the functionality of the oil is any less. I personally use 15W-50 in my flat engines. My buddies that rebuild old radial engines used to die for this old oil, mostly because they liked it for break-in periods in the first 3-5 hours of run time. I can tell you this for sure, more than a few Grand Champion Stearman Classics were running this stuff back in the late 80's and early 90's, some of which I worked on myself.

Back
Top Bottom