• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freedom Ordinance FX9

Smoothie

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Just got back from the range, I have the pistol which comes with the Kak Shockwave and takes Glock 9mm mags. 15, 17, and 33 rounders all work fine. This thing is super cool. I put a cheap red dot on it, and could pull 3" groups at the end of the lane. (Standing, Wild West has no AC so I was sweating, and first time using it)

It is mag finicky though. Of my 4 G19 Glock factory mags, only 2 of them would hold the bolt open. Comes with a 33rnd, and I have 2 ETS 33 rnd mags, it liked one of the ETS for bolt hold open. Trying PMag G19 mags next week.

Shot about 200 rounds, that thing can burn through some ammo with 33 rounders! Is there a better brace than the Shockwave? It's cool, but the blade cut into my shoulder after 150 rounds. No, don't want to wait a year to SBR it.

I put a POF drop in trigger in mine. Really sweet shooter. Has a C-more Red dot on top.
If you put the right trigger in it, you won’t have any trouble

One of the YouTube reviews, can’t remember which one, said that you still needed ear protection when shooting it suppressed. Said that it’s still over 140 dB at the shooters ear, anybody know this first hand?

One of the YouTube reviews, can’t remember which one, said that you still needed ear protection when shooting it suppressed. Said that it’s still over 140 dB at the shooters ear, anybody know this first hand?
I really don't think it's over 140 at the ear. It's pretty dang quiet with 147 grain ammo. I played with a few different buffer and spring setups trying to cut down on gas to the face. However, I felt like it induced more recoil so I went back to the stock setup. I tried an ar10 buffer spring setup, 9mm buffer, and a huge KVP buffer I had to cut down just a smidge to make it fit. Extremely fun little pistol rifle thing or PCC.
Couple short videos I made playing with my FX-9

Back
Top Bottom