• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freezer Dryer Experiments and Recipes

Been playing around with a ton of meals and ingredients, printed my own labels and developed some branding. Working on putting together a "masterclass" type of resource that covers recipes, data, trainings, etc. Will take a couple of months and I'll provide a free code for ODT to access it. Building out the website for it now.
View attachment 4082276
I would be really interested in that. Something me and my wife both want to do is work on our long term food storage. Esp having a garden you can’t eat it all before it goes bad. So being able to preserve what we don’t eat would be great

Been playing around with a ton of meals and ingredients, printed my own labels and developed some branding. Working on putting together a "masterclass" type of resource that covers recipes, data, trainings, etc. Will take a couple of months and I'll provide a free code for ODT to access it. Building out the website for it now.
View attachment 4082276
You sell some of those stuff on here and you could pay for that thing pretty quick.

Just a heads up for anyone debating buying a Harvest right; a local Harvest Right dealer's advertised price is $2,695, for a medium. I called Harvest Right customer service and they matched their price. So, it comes out the same price, but shipped to your door from Harvest Right.

Screenshot_20220622-092233_Drive~4.jpg

Got one recently, so far only done watermelon, dew melon, blueberries, brunswick stew, and bananas. All came out very well. Also ran a couple hundred lbs of jasmin rice through it. For every 20 lbs (batch) of rice it pulled out about 2 cups of water, so hopefully it will store longer. Really want to concentrate on fruits and grains until the garden bears.

Cooked rice is great freeze dried because it offers major convenience. Cook up 5 cups, which makes about 10 lbs of rice. Freeze dry that, and rehydrate two cups of rice with one cup boiling water. I put these in my regular vacuum seal bags (without vacuum sealing) cause they cheaper than mylar and I don't intend to store longer than a year or two. These are amazing to throw with some chicken and veggies for dinner without having to make rice from scratch or buy expensive instant rice.

Back
Top Bottom