• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fresh Rub

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Saw a fresh rub on a little tree Sunday at my place, looked to be less than a week old. Guess he is getting ready to shed his rack and is itching and found a place to scratch. First time I have ever seen a post season rub and it blew my mind when I saw it.

Got one on my property also...About a 3 inch thick Cedar. Had about a 2ft by 2ft square area scraped clean of leaves close by too. I wonder if the weather has them acting funny?

Got one on my property also...About a 3 inch thick Cedar. Had about a 2ft by 2ft square area scraped clean of leaves close by too. I wonder if the weather has them acting funny?

Wow, a scrape and a rub...that is odd. Not sure about the deer, but the weather has me acting funny so maybe it has hit them too.

Most likely a high doe population and some of them are coming back into cycle again. I've seen scrapes after the season is over quite often. There were some down where we hunt that had been freshened up when I went to toss out some corn no long ago. You may be seeing the rubs now due to nothing being green and they are a lot easier to spot now. Make a note of where you find the rubs as you might just luck out and find the home territory of a nice buck.

About a decade ago in Meriwether county , I was turkey hunting and ran across a very hot scrapeline .

The scrapes had fresh pee an poop in them .

The friend I was hunting with was quite amazed as well.

Back
Top Bottom