• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fried squirrel

the lackster

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
0   0
Reaction score
Name says it all. I boiled some Squirrel quarters in a broth until fork tender before frying. Dredged them in egg/milk and then rolled them in a seasoned cornmeal and flour mix. Fired until crispy crispy served with a side of mixed greens and a good bottle of Texas Pete. Mighty fine meal!
20210802_200529.jpg

Name says it all. I boiled some Squirrel quarters in a broth until fork tender before frying. Dredged them in egg/milk and then rolled them in a seasoned cornmeal and flour mix. Fired until crispy crispy served with a side of mixed greens and a good bottle of Texas Pete. Mighty fine meal!
View attachment 3386945
My god man am I hungry now!!!

I love squirrel but whenever I go to hunt them it’s like they all disappear lol. The best time to hunt squirrels is also the best time to hunt white tail deer so most people myself included miss the opportunity to get them while the getting good. My advice to anyone wanting a limit of bushy tail and doesn’t have the luxury of their own hunting dog is to plan your hunt sometime in October or November instead of waiting till the later winter months.

I love squirrel but whenever I go to hunt them it’s like they all disappear lol. The best time to hunt squirrels is also the best time to hunt white tail deer so most people myself included miss the opportunity to get them while the getting good. My advice to anyone wanting a limit of bushy tail and doesn’t have the luxury of their own hunting dog is to plan your hunt sometime in October or November instead of waiting till the later winter months.
roll up on my yard with a pellet gun. you'll take 15 in 3 min.

Back
Top Bottom