• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Frigidaire dryer burned wire

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have a frigidaire gallery dryer. For the past few months it wasn't drying as it should. Often taken additional cycles. It started bumping so I took it apart to replace the drum bearing. I noticed a large yellow wire going to the element was burnt. I "repaired" it. I replaced the terminal. For a few weeks it's done great. Today it tripped a breaker. I took it apart and the wire is burned again. I don't know what the big yellow wire going to the element does. I have read fit may be the thermostat going to the element. Figured I would consult the brain trust. When you guys help solve a problem it justifies with the wife some of the time I waste here.

All I know is that if it's burn't twice and you can't diagnose the problem get a pro in or replace it. That's sounds like a very real fire hazard.

What he said. I think there has to be a bad thermostat or sensor for it to be burning
a wire. I have done many,many diy jobs but you gotta know when to stop and seek professional help. I never did often but once in a while it's cheaper and safer.

The dryer is 15+ years old. I don't know that it would be worth the repair. Unless I find a pretty easy repair I'll probably just buy one. I want a basic no frill dryer. I think the more stuff the more potential problems

Back
Top Bottom