• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

From MSN News this morning about another Sig lawsuit on the P320

Okay well make sure the gun you’re buying or trading for doesn’t have defects lol. Just cause they fix the newer ones doesnt mean the 10s of thousand others got fixed too… like all the 365 that come stock with curved triggers… probably gonna get urself a misfire

FB_IMG_1683214359888.jpg

Okay well make sure the gun you’re buying or trading for doesn’t have defects lol. Just cause they fix the newer ones doesnt mean the 10s of thousand others got fixed too… like all the 365 that come stock with curved triggers… probably gonna get urself a misfire

What was the issue with 365 triggers? I hadn't heard of that one.

Some of the most common SIG P365 problems included a terrible striker design (corrected in models after 2018), not returning to the battery (lack of lube and/or overly tight slide/frame fit……fixes itself over time and use), TRS issues (some springs were overly long……QC was stepped up on this part so as not to be an issue anymore), slide failures (tight takedown lEvers) and loading problems with the 15-round magazine.

”Curved” triggers is a new one on me.

This so reminds me of how Glocks were 'unsafe' when they came out because they didn't have a manual safety. And of course because they were undetectable in the airport.

At the end of the day it'll turn out that in every case these folks had something stuck in the trigger when they holstered it and when they stood up it pulled it.

The P320s (civilian) weren't 100% drop safe, as was shown again and again. Ruger would have recalled every single one but SIG decided that an upgrade' would be OK.

That being said, unless there was a drop issue with an older gun, these cases are probably all cops looking for early retirement and a sweet payout for their own mistakes.

This so reminds me of how Glocks were 'unsafe' when they came out because they didn't have a manual safety. And of course because they were undetectable in the airport.

At the end of the day it'll turn out that in every case these folks had something stuck in the trigger when they holstered it and when they stood up it pulled it.

The P320s (civilian) weren't 100% drop safe, as was shown again and again. Ruger would have recalled every single one but SIG decided that an upgrade' would be OK.

That being said, unless there was a drop issue with an older gun, these cases are probably all cops looking for early retirement and a sweet payout for their own mistakes.
I believe I am correct in saying that Sig has won all of these lawsuits so far. No one has been able to duplicate this supposed issue with these pistols. In addition, almost all of the discharges happened around holstering the pistol.
I think this a case of a poor craftsman blaming his tool leading to the birth of an urban myth.

Back
Top Bottom