• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FRT's are now Machineguns

PS: I don't want Congress to pass any new laws, but I'm saying that would be the better way to accomplish the goal if that's what our political leaders want.

Personally, I love rate-of-fire enhancing products.
Bump stocks are great, or WERE great when I could get Wolf ammo for 18 cents per round.

I still have my BMF Activator, a trigger-crank that dates back to the 1970s, I think, and works well with a 10/22 rifle when said rifle has a bipod and a 25 round mag in place. I'd say it lets you shoot about 500 rounds per minute. The same as a model 1918 BAR.

View attachment 4138147
View attachment 4138150
Interesting thought: If you put an electric motor on that, would (legally) be a machine gun?
I.E. is the trigger the "trigger", or is the electric switch the "trigger?
What if the motor is powered by a generator, with a hand crank? :pop2:

I think if you hook up an electric motor to a pushrod that rapidly pushes the mechanical trigger of a gun, then your electric switch that turns the motor on to begin this process (or the clutch that connects the spinning motor to the trigger-pushing pushrod) will become the new "trigger" as ATF sees it.

I think if you hook up an electric motor to a pushrod that rapidly pushes the mechanical trigger of a gun, then your electric switch that turns the motor on to begin this process (or the clutch that connects the spinning motor to the trigger-pushing pushrod) will become the new "trigger" as ATF sees it.

Sounds like a MadMax’ish upgrade for the SUV market

I never bought any of these things. I figured they would be cheap and break. But, they are saying the ones that fire more than one round with a single trigger pull are illegal, but don’t name which ones those are. I guess you need to install it and find out ???

If I didn't already own my own machine gun, and if I hadn't fired thousands of rounds full-auto from a dozen other MG's and SMG's that I rented or borrowed at shooting ranges, I might want a "forced reset trigger" to scratch that itch and get what it is nearly a full auto rate of fire.
It should give me the same kind of thrill as shooting a real machine gun.

So, I consider them to be close enough to a machine gun for my purposes-- which is why I didn't need one or need another one.

If the feds consider them close enough to being a machine gun for the purposes of the NFA, I can understand that --although there's also room for disagreement on the highly technical definition of what is a "function of a trigger."

Back
Top Bottom