• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 18 acres of land southeast of Monticello/ Jasper County

TractiongripsDon

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...outheast-of-monticello-jasper-county.1668135/
Item Name: FS 18 acres of land southeast of Monticello/ Jasper County

Zip Code: 31064

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 58,000

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I'm planning on listing this land through an agent, but figured I'd try here for a few days first. The land is approximately 18 acres. I believe the survey says 17.98 or something like that. It has a century-old school house/church building on it that looks rough on the outside but is still solid. It's a great place to ride ATV's, hunt, and go shooting. Every time I've been out there we've seen deer and turkeys. It would make a great home site, and there are no conservation covenants or anything like that on the land, so it's open to do what you'd like. Here's a chance to buy before the price goes up to cover agent fees.

To answer some questions I've received: The land is about half grown-in clear-cut former timber land that looks like a neglected pasture, with sections of young pine trees, and some hardwood areas around the outside and down the middle. There is a lot more wildlife cover than shown in the pictures, including where we seeded with mustard and wildflowers two yeas ago. It's in need of a good mowing. There is power along the road. A spring begins a small creek, just a few feet off the property, so a pond could probably be built at the back side of the property. That is my plan if we keep it and decide to build. Google shows the stream starting on the property, but the only time I've seen water flowing on our side of the marker is after a rain.

Pictures:
monticello1-jpg.1589543

monticello2-jpg.1589544

How much road frontage??
Not sure of the number of feet, but there's a bunch on Cambell Cross Road, which is hidden by the trees in the picture below. Seems like it's around 1500-1600 feet. A corner comes out to meet Jordan Road but there's no frontage. I'll try to look at our survey and see if the number of feet is stated.
map.png.jpeg

Not sure of the number of feet, but there's a bunch on Cambell Cross Road, which is hidden by the trees in the picture below. Seems like it's around 1500-1600 feet. A corner comes out to meet Jordan Road but there's no frontage. I'll try to look at our survey and see if the number of feet is stated.
View attachment 1594397
I would like to see this property. Directions?
Tom Troncalli 770-356-2223

Back
Top Bottom