• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS 1911 TRUCK GUN PIMP DADDY STYLE

henryj

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
Ole Pimp Daddy wanted to do something a little different with a twist. This will make a fine Christmas gift for yourself or a loved one and there will not be another like it as is the case with all the guns I do. And certainly not another in this price range. I wanted to do what my vision of a truck gun would be. After pretty much looking at most of the Philippine made 1911's, and looking at the other very closely, I chose the ATI, for my purpose their Government model was the biggest bang for the buck, no pun intended. All the other manufacturers also had decent 1911's but the ATI was just a touch heavier duty. For me a truck guns is one that is not expensive, very basic, doesn't matter if it gets a few bumps and scrapes, big bore, great dependability, ease of use, will take a lickin' and keep on tickin' , and if you leave it in your truck and it gets stolen, you aren't out of a boatload of money. That is what my impression of a truck gun is so I built one. So anyway this is it, an ATI 1911A1. I chose the A1 cause it is bare bones and offers less doo-dads and accessories to damage spending it's life possibly in a vehicle and also possibly getting banged around. You will notice this one has a much different finish than other 1911's you see. And as in other I do, there will not be another one like it. A lot and I mean a lot of work, all hand done, has been done to this pistol. It's life started with me buying it new maybe 8 years ago I guess. Over the years I have had a few of the Philippine 45's and fired each exactly 57 rounds out of each. I ended up keeping the ATI, It had less mill marks than others and had a little heavier built frame. The frame and slide among other internal parts were taken down to bare metal simply because I hate the matte finishes that have been put on guns for the last many years. And as many of you who know me, Pimp Daddy guns are always different. Starting with the frame, the frame rails, all pin holes, hammer, trigger bow, feed ramp on frame, frame pins, ejector, extended grip safety, slide release, thumb safety, Mainspring housing, and inside the frame where the hammer and sear ride against the frame are all highly polished. The mainspring is by Wolff and the sear spring and disconnector is Ed Brown. After doing these changes The frame was finished in my "Relic" finish which this is the first auto pistol to get this finish. This is a ten coat finish. All others with this finish have been single action revolvers. Should you get this finish scratched up it is very easy to fix and anyone can do it. Now the slide. In the slide, it contains a 15 lb Wolff recoil spring for shooting a little lighter loads. The slide rails, barrel, barrel feed ramp, lugs, barrel bushing, hammer cocking and disconnector ramp, all highly polished and then reblued to a semi-gloss blue finish. Also, the frame and slide have been leveled for an exact match to cut down on any possible drag or friction. This piece comes with the box, docs, lock, one 7rd mag, and one 8rd mag. Again I bought it new and it has exactly 57 rounds thru it. Basically you will be getting an all but new gun. For those of you who might be interested in this gun but do not know me, I stand behind my guns for parts and workmanship. But, I don't stand by any screw ups you might have made to it. I know my work but i don't know yours. There is really nothing else that is practical to do to this gun. I wanted to do a higher quality custom pistol hidden in a truck gun frame. This could be the smoothest functioning most fluid operating 1911 you ever pick up. Will feed any ammo, steel, aluminum, or brass cased and feed it very reliably. The price for this little darlin' is $650 very firm. Guys who can't afford the expensive custom guns should be able to have a good very reliable custom gun at an affordable price and hence part of the reason I do these guns. In closing let me say I have done just about every makers 1911 and let me just say that you can buy a bigger name 1911 and a much more expensive one but you will not buy a 1911 any smoother functioning in every function and a more dependable one. Anyway thanks for reading my long winded message but I like people to know exactly what they are getting from me. In order to buy from me you must have a GA carry permit. Do not need an help selling. Thanks for checking me out. I encourage you all to check out my feedback.

Attachments

• IMGP0391.JPG
    IMGP0391.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,707
  • IMGP0392.JPG
    IMGP0392.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 366
  • IMGP0394 (1).JPG
    IMGP0394 (1).JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 365
  • IMGP0396.JPG
    IMGP0396.JPG