Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS 2002 BMW 530i M Sport

Zip Code: 30040

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 6100!!!!

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Bill of Sale Info: It's a car....

Item Description: 2002 BMW 530i M Sport, jet black on sand beige leather. 157k miles. 17" Style 42 wheels. 5-speed ZF Automatic transmission (sorry!)

Trunklid toolkit intact. Comes with original owner's manual and welcoming documentation. Full size Style 42 spare in the trunk. Oil changed religiously at 5k or less- usually Mobil 1 Euro 0W40.

I have owned the car since 2016 (135k miles) and have a stack of maintenance history and receipts from the two previous owners going back to 2009 (78k). In the time I've had it, I've refreshed the suspension and addressed most of the common E39 issues. Anything I haven't done was most likely already taken care of by the previous owners (oil pan seal, oil filter housing gasket, etc)

Silky smooth 3.0 liter inline 6 yields instant throttle response and a sonorous engine rev note that will wreck your MPG. Not a drag racer or a muscle car, but it feels and sounds quick and is a blast to drive. Cruises comfortably all day long at Autobahn speeds. I'd hop in right now and drive it anywhere.

Lots and lots of maintenance history available, but here is some of what I've done in the 5 years/20k miles that I've owned the car:

-new rear brakes: EBC Yellowstuff street/track pads and EBC GD dimpled & slotted rotors (10/21)
-new rear tires: Continental Control Contact Sport SRS All-Seasons with lifetime replacement certificates through Discount Tire (10/21)
-cooling system refresh: new thermostat, water pump, coolant temp sensor, upper/lower radiator hoses (3/21)
-all suspension components replaced with Lemforder or Meyle (control arms, bushings, sway bar links, ball joints, etc)
-KONI FSD active shocks & struts, on factory BMW M sport springs
-replaced valve cover & gasket, did VANOS seals, new spark plugs
-new accessory drive belts, tensioners, water pump pulley
-ABS controller rebuilt
-gauge cluster pixels repaired - no bad pixels
-FSU (AC blower motor resistor) replaced (they all go bad)
-brake light switch replaced
-trunk wiring loom repaired, new trunk lid lift supports
-windshield and cowl replaced
-new motor and transmission mounts
-DISA valve rebuilt with German Auto Systems kit with titanium pin and metal flap
-headlights replaced with factory Hella units with new adjusters, new upper gaskets
-replaced heater pipes, intake manifold gasket
-new oil level sensor
-new battery in April 2020

The bad: the car is 19 years old and not perfect. Paint chips on hood, little things here and there, etc. The only current actual issues are:

-airbag light on for code 84, passenger side impact sensor. This is a plug-in sensor under the passenger side carpet that often comes loose.
-airbag recall still needs to be done. This is free of charge at the dealer, I've just never gotten around to it.
-seat twist / wear on driver's seat

Also comes with lots of extras and spare parts:

-new uninstalled front sway bar bushings
-new headlight auto-leveling sensor arm
-K&N reusable engine air filter currently installed
-new front wheel bearing (left front bearing already replaced)
-oil filter socket adapter
-Bavarian Auto scan tool and code reader ($100+, needed to read your own codes, reset oil/service light, etc)

Any questions at all, please ask. I love talking BMWs and E39s especially. I'm not looking for trades but might consider cash + guns, please PM with specifics if interested.

Pictures:
DSC_1992.jpg
DSC_1954.jpg
DSC_1965.jpg
DSC_1975.jpg
IMG_20210912_175031_LI.jpg
IMG_20210912_175713.jpg
IMG_20210912_175724.jpg
IMG_20210912_175938.jpg
IMG_20210912_180053.jpg
IMG_20210912_175829.jpg
IMG_20210909_154544.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Just replaced both cabin air filters. So if that's what had somebody on the fence.....

Worth mentioning that these cars are very easy to work on. This one shouldn't need any major surgery anytime soon, but the routine stuff - oil changes, air filters, headlight & taillight bulbs - is about as easy as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom