56   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 issues

Zip Code: 30064

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 100k

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I don't think this will come as news to anyone, but I have a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT that I am having issues with and the dealer (Hardy GMC, Dallas, GA) isn't much help at all. I have owned numerous GM products over the past 20 years and none have given me trouble until now! I am disappointed to say the least, but even more disappointed in the way the dealer handled it. My truck now has 23k miles on it and I am experiencing the following issues.
  1. Hard shift from 1st to 2nd. Dealer claims this is normal and that GM released a bulletin about it that explains it. To me it is an acknowledgement GM is aware of the issue but doesn't want to do anything to fix it. To me its NOT normal. Its not normal, because I can jump in my wife's car and it doesn't shift like that our in a competitor car/truck.
  2. Lights on dash come on like a Christmas tree. Service ESC (electronic stability control) and based of google that can be dangerous due to the fact you don't have full control of your vehicle. Also, service parking brake. And lastly check engine light to top it off. Now when the lights come on I loose power to the engine, which can potential be dangerous when pulling out in traffic and the engine bogs down like it has no gas or bad gas.
  3. Lastly, a number 7 Cylinder misfire. Which my mechanic provided me the code, but yet the GM dealer couldn't find anything out or explain the issue.
It took a month to get the appointment at the dealer and they could really care less. I have pictures showing the lights and code to support the problem and they never asked for them, even though I stated that I had pics/videos. I had to almost force them to look at them.

I am also aware of other GM trucks doing this and wonder what others have done to get it corrected or what the underlying problem was.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom