Reaction score
Item Name: FS .44 Mag S&W

Zip Code: 30082

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $800

Caliber: .44

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Beautiful gun, will not be for sale long! NRA collectors piece. Comes with a half box of ammo and a can of polish to keep it shining. Asking $800 for it. Text or call me with any questions, 404-735-0977.

Pictures:
1-jpg.1206999

3-jpg.1207000

5-jpg.1207001

6-jpg.1207002

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Item Name: FS .44 Mag S&W

Zip Code: 30082

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $850

Caliber: .44

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Beautiful gun, will not be for sale long! NRA collectors piece. Comes with a half box of ammo and a can of polish to keep it shining. Asking $850 or best offer. Text or call me with any questions, 404-735-0977.

Pictures:
1-jpg.1206999

3-jpg.1207000

5-jpg.1207001

6-jpg.1207002
VERY NICE,WILL MAKE A NICE ADDITION TO SOMEONES COLLECTION.

I've never handled one of the Classics... I'm concerned that the full underlug will slow me down. I'm looking for a speed shooting platform. I think this one should find a home with someone who wants the graphics, not me who's going to abuse the hell out of it.

Yeah, up to a point, it sure will. Back at 629-3, IIRC, they beefed up the action. Should be fine with a steady diet of full-power .44 mag loads, though maybe not if you are hotrodding 300 gr. loads, imagining you have a .454 Casull. Or so I read. No personal experience in that.

I've got a 29-2, and though I don't shoot many full-house loads, I shoot a couple of thousand lighter loads through it per year. I want to retire it. It's a beautiful antique. It needs a rest, before I either damage it-- or scratch it up. But I'm thinking I want a 5", especially if it's got a full underlug. I want one with the "new" already gone, maybe some character marks, so I won't feel the need to baby it. Next one I buy is going to get shot a LOT.

Good luck with your sale; that's a beautiful gun and I'm sure the right home will appear shortly.

Every man should own at least one S&W 44 magnum and this one is very nice and priced to move.

That's so true. It's like a straight-shift 8-cylinder. Everyone should at least own one once. Just to know.

The .44 mag is a great cartridge, though far far greater if you handload. Then you have so much flexibility in what you do with it, from rabbits to bears.

I shoot pins. I shoot 'em fast. I'm under 3 seconds now for five pins, with light Magnum loads. Took a long time to get there. But very, very satisfying. Dirty Harry or Jerry Miculek I ain't. But I'm pretty darned good. Anyone that thinks revolvers are slow has never seen one properly used.

I shoot pins. I shoot 'em fast. I'm under 3 seconds now for five pins, with light Magnum loads. Took a long time to get there. But very, very satisfying. Dirty Harry or Jerry Miculek I ain't. But I'm pretty darned good. Anyone that thinks revolvers are slow has never seen one properly used.

Ain't THAT the Truth! I used to regularly beat about 2/3 of the Production Autos in our monthly Steel Matches, running a Smith 686--So much WIN there! OP, GLWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom