• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Bauer .25 like new in box

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
From my "mouse gun" collection, we have a stainless Bauer .25 caliber with checkered wood grips that appears "as new" in the original box. There is an original Bauer factory card advertising holsters in the box. These are just like the Baby Browning but in a stainless finish for longevity and easy care.

Bauer-box-card.JPGBauer Lft Sd # Blocked.jpgBauer Rt Sd.JPGBauer Btm Sd.JPGBauer box.JPG

A good friend of my father's carried one of these for years. One weekend we borrowed it and took it to the range and I enjoyed shooting it. However when I disassembled it for cleaning I could not get it back together, and rather than tell the owner of my mistake, my dad and I had to take it to a gunsmith and let him reassemble it.

A good friend of my father's carried one of these for years. One weekend we borrowed it and took it to the range and I enjoyed shooting it. However when I disassembled it for cleaning I could not get it back together, and rather than tell the owner of my mistake, my dad and I had to take it to a gunsmith and let him reassemble it.
They are actually simple to take apart and put together so not sure what happened when you tried. Of course if you didn’t know to turn the barrel to remove and put the barrel in the same grooves for reassembly, I guess it would be tough! Maybe it’s just easier for everyone now since they have been around for a while. These days you can even watch an instructional video on your phone!

Yep, I think the problem was remembering to turn the barrel to lock it in place during reassembly. I forgot about that step-- and yes this was back in the 1980s before cell phones the Internet and YouTube videos.

Yep, I think the problem was remembering to turn the barrel to lock it in place during reassembly. I forgot about that step-- and yes this was back in the 1980s before cell phones the Internet and YouTube videos.
Yeah I remember the first time trying to field strip a Baby Browning, which is basically the same gun, I thought the barrel was stuck when it wouldn’t just pull straight out because I wasn’t aware of turning the barrel to remove it. I think I generally skip manuals thinking “how hard can this be”.

Back
Top Bottom