• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Condor Plate Carrier

Marines Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-condor-plate-carrier.1440516/
View attachment 1108501 View attachment 1108502 View attachment 1108503 Item Name: FS Condor Plate Carrier

Zip Code: 31069

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $350.00 - Dropped to $300.00

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Condor Molle Plate Carrier, L/XL, in Coyote Tan. Has Level IIIa inserts front and back, and pockets for SAPI plates front & back.
Vest has been tried on once but never worn. Level IIIa inserts are by Rhino Armor Ballistics and are made in USA with made in USA components and will stop up to .44 Magnum. Inserts by themselves are going for $369 and up, plate carrier for $65 or higher. Will let whole package go for $350 OBO, will not separate. Please ask questions or negotiate by PM here on this board. Price has been dropped to $300 - that's less than what I paid for the level IIIa inserts alone! Thanks for looking.

That's for soft armor that is worn on a daily basis, from the time it's bought. Here's a link https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270661
They discuss the "lifespan" of soft body armor and what they say makes sense. There are several quotes in that thread, "Kevlar does not break down as officers have been told for years, neither does it have self destruct date. The vest in general will wear out due to normal wear and tear. Example an officer with a new vest quits after a month at a department. Two years later, another officer is issued that vest. The vest is still good and useable as long as it was stored in cool dry environment." The other is, "Heat, moisture and the amount of flexing that the panels are subjected to affect the life span. The 5-year expiration time is somewhat true, but only if the panels go through moderate to maximum usage. I spoke with one of the "Second Chance" people, and he said that the panels would remain relatively "new" if properly stored." This vest was tried once or twice, and otherwise has never been worn and stored in my home in a low humidity environment.

Back
Top Bottom