• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT 1995 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1995-polaris-magnum-425-4x4.1851537/
Item Name: FS/FT 1995 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Zip Code: 30622

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 800
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 800

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Item Description: OK guys, I'll attempt to list everything I remember about this ATV. My nephew dragged it home to work on but never did anything with it. Out of boredom I did some wrenching on it and think I've cleared up all the initial concerns. In the interests of transparency some comments.

- Original starter was toast, I put a new one on.
- Battery was missing, I bought a new one.
- Dash panel showing the gear was missing, I bought and installed a new one.
- Brake pads were all worn down to a nub, I replaced them all.
- Since I was working on the brakes anyway I bought a gasket set for the master cylinder and rebuilt it.
- Main plastic shroud (gas tank cover, it's not pictured) had a crack, I reinforced it on the underside with fiberglass cloth.
- Some of the original air system tubes were missing, I bought replacements off eBay and installed them.
- Original fuel pump was toast, I bought/installed a new one.
- There was another gear, sort of like a thrust bearing, that came with the new starter I put on. When I got that section apart though I found the factory gear was working just fine so I didn't put the new one on but it does come with the sale. eBay purchase called this "Starter & Drive"
- Tires will hold air but are pretty cracked so I wouldn't attempt going far on them. A full set of replacements come with though.
- Original key switch was buggered, I bought and installed a replacement.
- Some of the original moulding bolts/clips were missing, I replaced them all.
- New air filter and misc parts from the Airbox that were originally missing, I found replacements for.
- Mounting bolts and spacers for the fuel tank were missing, I bought new bolts and made a new set of spacers.
- Original Polaris Fuel Cutoff Switch had been replaced with a generic which leaked and wasn't accessible without dismounting and reaching under the tank. I bought a proper Polaris Cutoff and the proper Polaris cutoff switch extension so you can reach down and access it while seated.
- Replaced all the fuel lines
- Blew out the brake lines and replaced all the fluid
- Ran a can of Seafoam through it when I last had it running, no issues.
- Bought and replaced the Carb. The original had been a bit bubba'd by somebody. I was going to rebuild but a new carb was about the same cost as a decent rebuild kit so I just put on a new one.
- Bought a new primary headlamp and control switch module which is installed.
- New battery hold down bought/installed (original missing)
- New clutch intake boot
- New rear cab latch spring (original missing)
- New gas tank mounts (originals missing)
- New steering post upper bushing
- New starter solenoid relay
- New headlight Halogen bulb

I ultimately WAS able ultimately to get the thing running using the pull start. Rode it around the yard for a bit, switched between 2 and 4 wheel drive and the gears and everything worked fine. That was the point I drove it onto my patio to work on the battery, starter and brakes and there it has sat for a year. Realistically I'm not going to play with it any more, it was just a fun little wrenching project and my interest really stopped after I drove it around for an hour. The motor has good compression and good acceleration when I had it running.

It's sold as is, where is. You'll have to bring a trailer and I can help you push it on.

What I'm looking for is simple. I personally have ~$600 of new and spare parts put into this thing. The electric start doesn't work but I'm pretty sure that's due to "Bubba" having screwed with the main electrical panel to bypass something, at some point, and I didn't feel like tracing out all the connections, plus the pull start was fine for me. I've really not played with it since I put in the new battery though.

What I'm looking for here is $800 cash, or equivalent trade value. I don't really have a preference for cash or trade, doesn't really matter to me as long as it's interesting stuff. This is what "interesting stuff" is to me at the moment.

- Quality 6.5 Creedmoor Upper
- 300BO or 6.8 heavy barrel(s), preferred stainless and not pencil profile
- New 3D Printer (been looking at Creality 10S)
- Other large format, new, 3D printers (basically I don't want to inherit a problem child that's been bubba'd)
- M1 Garand
- bulk brass in 308, 303, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 7/8mm mauser, 45 ACP, 45 Colt
- Quality AR parts
- Quality AK

Pictures:
img_0263-jpg.1750175

img_0265-jpg.1750176

img_0267-jpg.1750177

img_0266-jpg.1750179

img_0264-jpg.1750180

Back
Top Bottom