• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT 1998 Mustang GT convertible

Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1998-mustang-gt-convertible.2123951/
Item Name: FS/FT 1998 Mustang GT convertible

Zip Code: 30054

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1500
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1500

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Trade for AR10 platform

1998 Mustang GT Convertible
4.6L
Auto

clear GA title

Will need engine work. I believe timing chain tensioner broke during cranking. It ran great until this happened. I was starting it to move it in my car hauler to move to my new place. It had not been started in 6 months. Engine stopped turning before the fuel reached the injectors to start. I have not taken it apart to diagnose but I feel it will need new chains, guides and tensioner. Valve timing is causing piston to touch valve and not turn over completely

This was my late father’s Mustang. I don’t have the time to fix and I’m really a Chevy guy. I hate to let it go because it reminds me of him but he always wanted an AR10 so I’ve decided the AR will be a better memory

It needs TLC. Convertible top will need replacement.

Side note: I’m a certified corvette technician so fixing it isn’t hard for me. Just hard to be in it and not be emotionally overwhelmed. I think my dad would be happy with a trade

more pics available if interested

Pictures:
b8e99a10-c849-4b93-b6b5-0966c9f3de99-jpeg.2449888

No worries, I had a '98 GT back in the day. Still miss that old horse.

I had swapped the auto out for a Tremec TKO 500 5-speed & had plans for a head swap & gears but I was foolish when i bought a house I figured I'd needed a pickup and traded it in.

Still think about buying another sometimes and swapping a Coyote 5.0 in.

Back
Top Bottom