• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT COLT STAINLESS OFFICER MK IV .45CAL

What series 70 or 80?

Mine is an 80. I prefer the steel in the 80 series Mk 4's in my opinion they polish up to a perfect mirror finish if that's what you want and certainly doesn't scratch as much as the one they compared my gun to. But perhaps guns that scratch more easily is there thing. And of course there is the chrome flaking off as they often do ?

Mine is an 80. I prefer the steel in the 80 series Mk 4's in my opinion they polish up to a perfect mirror finish if that's what you want and certainly doesn't scratch as much as the one they compared my gun to. But perhaps guns that scratch more easily is there thing. And of course there is the chrome flaking off as they often do ?

I've never seen chrome flake off of any stainless steel gun. Also, I prefer the series 70 because I don't like the extra firing pin safety.

Not the same pistols as he is selling

That helps me about 2%. Explaining what is different would help me understand. Explaining why this is rare would let me see the value. 1911 has been out longer than most people have been alive. So an "its not the same" does very little for me.

Not the same pistols as he is selling
I've never seen chrome flake off of any stainless steel gun. Also, I prefer the series 70 because I don't like the extra firing pin safety.
I was talking about the nickle chrome gun they compared
to my officer.
The triggers don't matter to me.
Thank you,
David

Back
Top Bottom