• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT COLT STAINLESS OFFICER MK IV .45CAL

Sorry I didn't help all that much MaconGun because I own way to many 1911 colts it was rather obvious to me,only one of the guns you posted off of GB was an officers model,but colthunter's appears to be an enhanced bright SS MK IV series 80 They do usually bring more $$ than a regular SS MK IV series 80,MK IV commander or even standard MK IV series 80.
They are not actually rare but very uncommon and much desired therefore the increased cost

Hope this helps

Sorry I didn't help all that much MaconGun because I own way to many 1911 colts it was rather obvious to me,only one of the guns you posted off of GB was an officers model,but colthunter's appears to be an enhanced bright SS MK IV series 80 They do usually bring more $$ than a regular SS MK IV series 80,MK IV commander or even standard MK IV series 80.
They are not actually rare but very uncommon and much desired therefore the increased cost

Hope this helps

Looks like a standard stainless finish to me does not appear to be polished.

Hope this helps
Thanks

Hope this helps
Thank you, Colthunter

Colt never made a 70 series Officers model.Enhanced is not the same as bright stainless,don't think this one is a B.S. The rare one's are the lwt's with the Novak type sights only made one year (1999)i just sold one for a grand.Colthunter's gun is a good example of a nice O.M.

Looks like a stainless not bright stainless. Also didn't the "enhanced" models come with skeletonized hammer, upswept beaver tail safety, undercut on trigger guard for grip relief, and slightly forward leaning cocking serrations? Does the serial number end in an "E"?

Looks like a stainless not bright stainless. Also didn't the "enhanced" models come with skeletonized hammer, upswept beaver tail safety, undercut on trigger guard for grip relief, and slightly forward leaning cocking serrations? Does the serial number end in an "E"?
I never stated it was bright stainless ! I also never stated it was enhanced. If everyone would read what the writer states instead of this being a forum of arguments we could save a lot of time.

Sorry man not trying to dis your gun but there are many different versions of the Colt OM.You said it was very rare and some folks are just wanting to know how rare.Do you have the box and docs?

Back
Top Bottom