• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Ed Banks custom built .45ACP 1911 Government Model

TREK2016

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...om-built-45acp-1911-government-model.1405150/
Item Name: FS/FT Ed Banks custom built .45ACP 1911 Government Model

Zip Code: 31069

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $750
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Looking for nice Colt 6720 or similar and/or Aimpoint Reddot for it

Caliber: .45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Gun info, name,address, Ga Weapons Carry License No, date, etc

Item Description: Excellent and seldom used example of an Ed Banks custom built 1911. It is completely Parkerized and uses an Essex Arms frame, an unlabeled slide and a 'Colt 45 Auto' barrel along with other assorted custom components as can be seen in picture. Was traded for with Ed in the early 90s for an early 90s Colt AR15 H-bar. Two magazines included.
Thank you for your consideration

Pictures:
img_0027-jpg.1147802

Thank you for your kind response ! Ed was truly one of a kind unique and nice person - spent many hours conversing with him in his shop behind his house ...

I remember visiting there with my dad when I was about 15 or 16 and just listening to his stories about cutting down Colt 1911's before they started making officer's models. He was definitely one of a kind as you said...cut from a different cloth than the rest of us. I hate to see his house/shop abandoned whenever I pass by there...if they haven't tore it down by now, it probably won't be long.

It's very cool to see your 1911 posted, it has some neat history behind it.

Thank you for your kind response ! Ed was truly one of a kind unique and nice person - spent many hours conversing with him in his shop behind his house ...

Ed was what I like to call a "No-Nonsense" kinda' guy--I used to shoot Combat-type Matches at Cool Springs Gun Club outside of Roberta in the '90's, and frequently saw guns that Ed had worked on--None were what you'd call "Pretty", but they were certainly "Businesslike", I guess because of the Parkerizing he used on almost EVERYTHING, LOL! NEAT piece of history you have there, OP--GLWS!... :) ....mikey357

Ed was what I like to call a "No-Nonsense" kinda' guy--I used to shoot Combat-type Matches at Cool Springs Gun Club outside of Roberta in the '90's, and frequently saw guns that Ed had worked on--None were what you'd call "Pretty", but they were certainly "Businesslike", I guess because of the Parkerizing he used on almost EVERYTHING, LOL! NEAT piece of history you have there, OP--GLWS!... :) ....mikey357

Lol, there was nothing shiny in the shop!

I remember visiting there with my dad when I was about 15 or 16 and just listening to his stories about cutting down Colt 1911's before they started making officer's models. He was definitely one of a kind as you said...cut from a different cloth than the rest of us. I hate to see his house/shop abandoned whenever I pass by there...if they haven't tore it down by now, it probably won't be long.

It's very cool to see your 1911 posted, it has some neat history behind it.

I guess I never really knew his wife but I assumed if she was still alive she would be still living there . It's been many years and I'm guessing from your statement she may have passed away by now . Said I guess how life goes ...

You're right - and he was no fan of then President Clinton either I can assure you!!

Back
Top Bottom